Horse has zero interest in crossing creek, lets riders know

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/23/horse-has-zero-interest-in-cro.html

2 Likes

Father%20Ted__Ted_Dougall__My%20lovely%20horse

2 Likes

meh. I think if the horse had bucked like that while on level ground, they’d not have fallen off. Good acting job by the horse.

1 Like

I think it had more to do with the backseater kicking the horse in the slats over and over again. They were across the creek when they got tossed…but yeah, keep on doing that and see what it gets you.

12 Likes

Wet and possibly sore.

2 Likes

Too many people on one horse. It’s bad enough that the horse has to pick it’s way through the water without being able to see it’s footing but it has to do so with a bit too much weight on it’s back. I doubt it would have acted so weird with just one rider.

32 Likes

I’m not a horse expert but you could already see, prior to water, that was too much weight on that horse. His back legs show the struggle. I’m a bit sad after seeing that.

24 Likes

Too much person on one horse. Also, who goes riding in socks???

9 Likes

Yeah :frowning: people can ride double on a horse, but it needs to be two small people or a medium person and a child. That poor horse is carrying way too much and being asked to carry it over mud and uneven footing
Poor horse. Both riders got what they deserved. Too bad whoever’s put them both on that horse didn’t end up in the mud too.

17 Likes

So much going on here…

• Two adults on the same horse?
  • Horseback riding in socks?
  • The Dog knows what’s going to happen :wink:
  • After the dumping, the gentleman gets himself out of the water leaving his friend behind…after he fell on top of her. He does go back to help after a bit but…
  • Does the guide even get off his horse to help?
  • Again, socks only? That’s just weird.
13 Likes

That horse isn’t happy with quarter ton of people on its back. I wouldn’t be either.

Whoever thought it’s okay to load a horse like that is a real bastard.

20 Likes

That. Is. Hysterical.

1 Like

The horse is thinking, “Sure, I can get across there, but when I try to go up the bank these fools are going to fall right off because they don’t know what they are doing, but okay.”

Also, that idiot laughing is why I don’t have many friends and don’t miss them. Humans? No thanks.

5 Likes

Hard soled boots. I was tossed out of my merit badge for only bringing my Chuck’s to summer camp. Plus agree with everyone, waaay to much weight on the hind legs.

4 Likes

The best thing isn’t the horse situation but the guy in the background maniacilly laughing.

The best Freude is Schadenfreude.

3 Likes

yeah, HE was having a helluva time, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

That hardly counts as bucked off. More like fell off. They weren’t so much riding that horse as just sitting on top of it. When it slanted, they slid.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s not technically “bucking” but the horse did intentionally rid himself of the riders so he could safely continue up the bank.

3 Likes
  • And she throws her phone on the ground :man_facepalming:

Maybe the screen was already busted.

5 Likes

Yeah, damn, they got almost 400 lbs on that horse. And when the horse was trying to climb the far bank, the riders just leaned back, opposite of what you’re supposed to do. Earlier on we see the rear rider stuffing her foot between the front rider and the horse so he couldn’t kick the horse like the guide was telling him to. Plus, someone mentioned… riding in socks? WTF?

Oh, and the filmer’s laugh, that was the best part!

4 Likes