Hospital staff hang a banner celebrating the transfer of their "mischievous tyrant" boss

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/22/those-ellipses-tho.html

6 Likes

omg how many different fonts are there?

9 Likes

When I see one of the complaints is “Disrespect for Elder” I’m inclined to be skeptical of the complainers. I know there’s a greater emphasis on venerating the aged in Nigerian culture than there is in most of the Western world, but even so…

It always smells to me of someone who can’t earn the respect of others by their conduct complaining that they aren’t given what they think is their due by dint of their circumstances.

5 Likes

“Fetishism?” Also, what’s the difference between “Power Drunkenness” and “Power Intoxication”? An extra 3 points off your nursing license?

7 Likes

five. i count five. admittedly, two of them, at least, appear in different sizes and colors, but five and in a bewildering mix of serif and sanserif fonts.

5 Likes
  1. And you thought you hated your boss.

2. What kind of fetishism? The kind you pay extra for, or thinking an inanimate object has magical powers? The first kind isn’t so bad.

6 Likes

God likes a list with 10 items. It was when that 11th item dropped that something had to be done.

Considering how it’s West Africa, I’d guess the latter? The old “accuse the person you don’t like as not being christian” bit.

2 Likes

I’m sure there are many people who know bosses (past or present) that would make them want to break out a banner like this when they left.

4 Likes

This is the reverse of a bridge-burning ragequit. I like it.

7 Likes

All of them.

4 Likes

I too want to know the difference between Power Drunkenness and Power Intoxication.

Also, sign me up for both.

3 Likes

X-All-The-Y_phixr

18 Likes

Which one won’t give me a hangover?

2 Likes

Both? Maybe no hangover is where the Power comes from.

3 Likes

Ethical…

Hmm… interesting…

1 Like

If anything, stewing about being disrespected seems to be a favorite pastime of people who couldn’t answer(and don’t seem overly inclined to ask themselves) the question of “what, pray tell, about you deserves respect?”

I’m unclear on whether this is because they know this to be true and seek the balm of external validation, whether they don’t understand the distinction between ‘civility’ and ‘respect’ and demand the latter in response to deficiencies I’m the former; or if they are just the sort of uninspiring specimens that don’t get much respect; but it seems to be a pattern.

1 Like

I will investigate that for you.

3 Likes

Somehow, my brain substituted “Public” for “Power” in both those phrases.

The kind that comes with Sadism, obviously. She ran the nursing department like it was an S&M dungeon.

But with more drinking.

1 Like