Host of UK Conservative Party leadership debate faints on-air

Originally published at: Host of UK Conservative Party leadership debate faints on-air | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I think that Kate McCann might have been suffering from a surfeit of Truss.

10 Likes

Yikes. Low blood sugar? I had a coworker standing during a meeting and she fell over onto someone from low blood sugar.

The host was standing, I know locking your knees can cause fainting too.

Hopefully it was a fluke and she is ok.

4 Likes

From what I have been hearing, that was more exciting than everything else that ever happened on the Piers Morgan channel combined.

4 Likes

I’ve never worked anywhere that had a low blood sugar department or team. :thinking:

12 Likes

People don’t watch Piers Morgan for excitement, they watch it because a two minute hate isn’t enough for them.

9 Likes

I don’t think that I could manage to watch Piers Morgan for two full minutes. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Host fainted, better cancel this opportunity for a head-to-head for UK leadership.

Nothing to see folks, you will be denied important information you’ll need to asses the future of this country.

4 Likes

We already know that we are fucked either way.

6 Likes

Probably passed out after holding her breath for half an hour for fear of screaming ‘you’re a pair of viciously stupid psychopathic wankers’ on live television.

11 Likes

Unless we’re in the Tory Party, we don’t get a chance to pick the next PM.

It’s a bit like being an extra in ‘Alien versus Predator’.

Though if you are a foreigner and have £25 to spare - go ahead, pick the next Prime Minister:

7 Likes

Just a mild burtation. You should see what a very heavy burtation does to a person.

2 Likes

The Predators wouldn’t care about most of us, we aren’t good prey, so that doesn’t really work.

It’s more like being restrained with two facehugger eggs in front of you. There’s nothing you can do to stop them hatching, yet we have the media arguing which one will be better for you.

9 Likes

Yeesh. That was scary to see. Apparently it was a migraine and not a stroke thank goodness.

Also, her name is Serene Branson. Not from the Branson family I know, apparently.

1 Like

If I had to face the prospects of sitting through a Tory leadership debate, I’d faint to get out of it, too. Or gnaw a limb off, or…

5 Likes

TBH listening to the brain-dead Truss is likely to induce that reaction. If I were the presenter, I’d sue my employer for wilful and negligent exposure to a hazardous work environment and toxic substances.

3 Likes

But you need to know HOW fucked you’re going to be!

Will it be More-Boris-than-Boris Truss?
Or will it be Pay-No-Attention-To-How-Much-My-Wife-Earns-And-How-Little-Tax-She-Pays-Sunak?

Don’t you think she looks tired? :slight_smile:

Despite working for TalkTV, the first I heard about this was on Radio 4 whilst performing my morning ablutions (yeah, I don’t watch the output of the channel I work for. One might be correct in assuming that the views espoused by it are diametrically opposed to my own).

Working in engineering, I noticed that she’d been rehearsing most of the day prior to the broadcast, so it could simply have been exhaustion.

She’s fine, thankfully.

3 Likes

Yeah: that’s what happens when a human breathes the air from the Lizard Planet for too long.

1 Like