Hot tub expert explains why you shouldn't buy one from a big box retailer

That ride sucks!

5 Likes

It looks fine on my phone and my portrait-oriented second monitor.

2 Likes

Filed under ā€œProblems I will never haveā€.

10 Likes

The reason you shouldnā€™t buy one form a big box retailer is the same reason you shouldnā€™t buy one new from anyone- like boats, they are a luxury item that sounds better in oneā€™s head than it actually is, and people donā€™t realize take maintenance and ongoing cost and therefore shopping for used on craigslist results in massive savings. We picked up a small two-person tub for next to nothing- having the 220 plug installed outside cost more than the tub itself.

10 Likes

[quote=ā€œbeschizza, post:1, topic:75733ā€]
I feel well-informed and educated by Chris Wheatley of Hot Tub
University and will therefore not be purchasing a 12-person hot tub from Costco after all.[/quote]

This being a Rob post, I was half expecting the video to be a troll. Pleasantly surprised that it was rather informative. An example that production values are less important than quality content - though Iā€™m still a bit dizzy from watching it.

He was convincing enough that Iā€™m disappointed in Costco (is there a list for that?) But he did not convince me that I wonā€™t get ripped off by a Hot Tub Professional.

5 Likes

Good to be educated about what is important, but the conclusion that Costco offers worse value than independent retailers is completely unsupported and likely false. Finding a solid used tub is surely a better deal.

1 Like

Way back in the 80s when I had a job on Capital Hill, the Metropolitan Police Dept used to use a policeman to direct traffic at the intersection of 1st and Constitution N.E. because a person is more efficient than a traffic light in really heavy traffic. And that guy had style I found out later from a friend who became an MPD officer that he was the man that they had TEACHING traffic control at the police academy.

2 Likes

no idea what this is from but Iā€™m dying here

He had me at "Holy jumpinā€™ ".

1 Like

It wasā€¦but they went back and fixed it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Waitā€¦ Heā€™s saying the air hoses at each jet are suction?

So where was the part where they discuss how it can become a time machine?

2 Likes

But beware of their marine biology department. All they study is crabs.

3 Likes

A hot tub with suction jetsā€¦is that what the ā€œblowerā€ pump is for? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Teen boys everywhere are suddenly asking for hot tubs for their birthdays.

1 Like

Iā€™m calling this guy to help me design my Eating Raoul model hot tub.

2 Likes

They have doctorate program in underwater basket weaving

2 Likes

We recently learned that Carvel Ice Cream sends its employees to ā€œCarvel University.ā€ Weā€™ve been considering this program for my daughter in lieu of a traditional college. Learning to properly dip a soft serve cone is an important life skill. Not as important as a dip in a hot tub, but still thereā€™s jobs there.

2 Likes

Hot Tub = Do it yourself pathogen incubator.

3 Likes

I think at that point you just call it a large cauldron.

2 Likes

Can anyone summarize for those of us who donā€™t watch videos without cats in them?