"Hotel California" performed on a Chinese zither

Originally published at: "Hotel California" performed on a Chinese zither | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Absolutely loved this. Now go find some fun music performed on gamelan!

3 Likes

That was really beautiful. Such an excellent adaption of the music, instantly recognizable once she got to the main theme but entirely her own take on the song.

1 Like

Moyun also came up in another topic, and I see that since then she has earned a YouTube award. In that video she described herself as an “amateur,” and some of the comments on YouTube discuss whether that’s too strict of an interpretation. I’m inclined to think if you cover Pachelbel’s Canon with 4 of your instrument, you’re a pro at it.

3 Likes

As a bit of an aside, this is not just beautifully played, it is also beautifully recorded. What a treat!

1 Like

A Truly Wonderful Thing!

1 Like

Her version of AC/DCs Thunderstruck is just incredible

2 Likes

I had to go and re-watch this…

2 Likes

I’m reminded of the old Folk Music Center store in Claremont CA near the Pomona Colleges. The FMC walls and open spaces were filled with instruments, including some Japanese kotos, rather like (but simpler than) the zither in this posting. I managed to learn to somewhat play the Stones’ SATISFACTION on koto. But nobody should be subjected to that. 8-(

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.