House GOP approves bill allowing companies to force genetic testing on workers [See update]

Yep, I get dinged $600 every year because my BMI is a skosh high.

The “wellness” program wants to “coach” me - they keep calling and I keep telling them to leave me the fuck alone. I lift weights and do Pilates once a week and I skate every day - I already have two personal trainers and two skating coaches; I don’t need one more “coach.”

21 Likes

It’s called fascism – you hadn’t figured that out by this point? heh… :frowning:

15 Likes

Yeah, if people could stop using dystopias as blueprints that would be great.

14 Likes

I think the Dems should attach an amendment requiring employees to provide employers the make, model and serial number of every firearm that they own. This is certainly a wellness issue since there’s a direct correlation between access to guns and suicide. That would put a stake through the heart the bill.

23 Likes

Meanwhile, in Canada: Liberal backbenchers defy cabinet wishes and vote to enact genetic discrimination law | CBC News

Bill S-201 will add genetic characteristics as a protected ground under the Canadian Human Rights Act, introduce penalties for discrimination, and forbid employers from subjecting job applicants to a genetic test.

23 Likes

Which is itself ridiculous, since BMI is a garbage metric for determining how healthy a person is.

21 Likes

More like someone saw The Watchmen and thought that America was a good idea…

2 Likes

Of course it was. We won the Vietnam war in that timeline! And New York City, that bastion of liberal elitism, got nuked! What’s not to like?

/s

8 Likes

Yup, I know. My doctor stopped using it years ago.

But as we all know, genetic testing has been used for hundreds of years now, and we’ve got all the bugs out, and it’s completely error-free, and . . .

6 Likes

The GOP’s vision of federal government is to protect its citizens interests as it relates to foreign threats and it’s companies interests from the threat of its citizens.

3 Likes

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCvE5-Y7rAAHFO1Kl9aaHumM0QwZZEcjLQ8GiotWTgoWaW2rvaPg

2 Likes

So it’s looking more and more like the real reason the Republicans got all het up about “death panels” is because there weren’t any and they wanted them to exist.

Absolutely! They’re for total and complete freedom - of corporations to impose their will however they want.

19 Likes

I don’t have health insurance.

“Well get a better job, idiot!”

Okay, I got a better job and have health insurance.

“Fuck you, we’re going to give them the right to screen you out of the cost of the program or at least pay through the teeth for it.”

I’m poor again and can’t afford my healthcare.

“Well get a better job, you moron!”

And… that’s all.

27 Likes

No thanks to the Liberal government which opposed the bill however.

I suspect its less about generic superiority, and more about finding out juuust how “white” somebody really is.

3 Likes

Here’s to the common person not doing stupid shit because some “elite” minority expect/tell them to.

1 Like

Because the bill had additions to the law they considered unconstitutional. They would have accepted a bill with just the genetic rights protection part in it, but parliament rejected that proposal.

1 Like

To all you stupid fuckheads who voted for Trump and couldn’t see what nasty gates would be opened: See?!

11 Likes

DNA is fake news.

5 Likes