House Rep. moves to force censure vote on Marjorie Taylor Greene with scathing resolution (video)

Originally published at: House Rep. moves to force censure vote on Marjorie Taylor Greene with scathing resolution (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Whereas Marjorie Taylor Greene has repeatedly fanned the flames of racism, antisemitism, hate speech against the LGBTQ community, Islamophobia, Asian hate, xenophobia, and other forms of hatred;…”

GOP Representatives (including the new Speaker): “‘Censure’ must mean ‘commend’.”

12 Likes

Vermont, represent! Woot!

13 Likes

IDK we know this right? Seems less an indictment of Greene and more a list of selling points entered into congressional record for her ignorant rubes to cheer for.

8 Likes

After becoming known for publically harassing teenagers for surviving a school masacre, it speaks to her impressive output of awfulness that that is now barely on the list of her horrid acts.

17 Likes

Hell Yeah Damages GIF

12 Likes

“We have got to have a bottom here.” Well yes technically though I’d say we’ve got a ways to go yet…

4 Likes

i think representative balint was trying to keep it to the things greene has done while in office. gosar was the most recent person since the 1830s to receive censure, and they forced him to give up his committee assignments

12 Likes

It’s about damn time!

Wasn’t Empty G stripped of her committee assignments long prior to this vote?

12 Likes

She was when the Democrats controlled the house… she get assignments when they GOP got control again… :rage:

14 Likes

Ugh.

I hate this timeline

10 Likes

like mindysan says, she got them back. even if they censure her, she might still keep them, it’s traditional but not required is my understanding

7 Likes

Demi Lovato Pizza GIF

8 Likes

Yes, I did see and respond to Mindy’s reply.

6 Likes

But these are her sacred Political Views™! I don’t know when or how it happened exactly, but somehow there is a widespread idea that we can’t judge, punish or exclude people based on their political views and statements no matter how anti-human they are. I’m guessing the right-wing media twisted the fallout from McCarthyism/blacklisting into their own agenda (they do love a good appropriation!) but there is absolutely a mass gaslighting going on that having abhorrent political views is a basis for a protected class.

If I can’t judge you based on how you think other humans should be treated, what can I judge? “Tactics” and “decorum” apparently, as if this clown has any, and as if the morality of tactics don’t change based on why they are being employed.

10 Likes

yeah, i just wanted to clarify that she won’t necessarily lose her position and i didn’t want to tromp on what mindysan had just said

7 Likes

Yeah, I get that.

I cannot wait until the day I never have to hear about this vile woman ever again.

7 Likes

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

I hate that she represents where I used to live. The folks up there (including my family and old friends) deserve far better…

11 Likes

Here’s a longer vid I watched last night, which includes everything:

My BF was in the kitchen while I watched it, and composed a tasteful limerick in ol’ sporkfoot’s dishonor:

marjorie taylor green
died of a ruptured spleen
Upon removal, they said
it was as big as her head
and had made her unnaturally mean

10 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Green
Your behaviour is obscene
You should be kicked out of office
The nation would profit
If you were never to be seen.

9 Likes