House votes to table (kill) impeachment resolution

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/17/impeachment-killed.html

3 Likes

I know, but we need a nice coffee break from tRump Co.

20 Likes

Pelosi is playing the long game.

By which I mean “we’re gonna get this mofo kicked out of office no later than 2046.”

59 Likes

I used to think irrefutable proof of Tramp’s treasons might persuade enough GOP (Gropey Old Perv) senators to vote for removal. What a fool I was! The craven senate won’t vote to remove, so impeachment (arraignment) and trial are pointless. That’s the fucking reality. Dream otherwise…

5 Likes

Cowards. :rage:

33 Likes

That’s a bit like a cop refusing to arrest a person he witnesses committing a serious crime because he knows the perpetrator is so well-connected that they’d be likely to escape conviction at trial.

Still an abdication of responsibility.

43 Likes

And here we go…into the trash bin of failed states.

16 Likes

Yes. And appeasers. And establishment politicians who still think it’s 1999. Their effective co-operation is how fascists are able to carve a foothold for themselves in democratic republics.

Pelosi will go down in history for her part in allowing this to happen.

30 Likes

Ironically a bad ass storm just rolled thru the DC area knocking out power and taking down trees.

The forces are not happy.

28 Likes

I agree. I have written, emailed and called all of my representatives to ITMFA and do their job. I’ve encouraged like minded folks to do the same, but it turns out, they are all just too busy to actually do something. And fricken pelosi… she needs to go also, along with mcconnell and company.

3 Likes

I’d <3 this, but I can’t like the misogynist slur you tucked into the end of your comment. :confounded:

12 Likes

And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

http://shakespeare.mit.edu/macbeth/macbeth.5.5.html

7 Likes

I’ve not bothered because my craven legislators have their noses fully inserted in Tramp’s lower bowel. California GOPs cornered themselves into near-extinction and remain viable only by inciting their ever-shrinking base to vote against their own interests. Hate and fear and their only currency.

GOP Senaor Ev Dirksen’s 3 Rules of Politics:

1. Get elected.
  2. Stay elected.
  3. Don’t get mad, get even.

GOPs are finding the “getting even” part more difficult. But they try.

2 Likes

Or The Force:

8 Likes

yeah, sorry bout that. just slipped out with my fat fingers moving faster than my brain.:zipper_mouth_face:

10 Likes

Here we go? You’re already in, and we in the UK are the next discarded apple core coming to join you!

9 Likes

Gosh, we live in interesting times!

Yeah, I’m going for dark humour and denial. It’s all a big tiring otherwise.

9 Likes

Oh ef ef es!!!

1 Like

The first of many attempts.

1 Like

At this point, it isn’t about removing him from office. It is about using the impeachment process to uncover shit. Which it most definitely could.

11 Likes