How did this woman board an international flight without a ticket or a passport?

A fluorescent waistcoat and hard hat works well too.

3 Likes

I remember a 5? year old boy got from Paris to Australia by running through boarding crying “Papa, papa”.

3 Likes

Is that the one with the onion loop on the belt?

3 Likes

‘Angela Lansbury?? No doubt on her way to investigate a murder.’

Surely you mean ‘investigate’ a murder and blame the death of one of her known associates on some poor innocent Joe.

3 Likes

4 Likes

A roll of Gaff tape, a fat key ring, stage blacks and a hurried expression can get you through almost any door you want.

6 Likes

Was her real name Ada Quonsett?

3 Likes

I think its a game for her. “serial stowaway”

4 Likes

That was a great sequence - and a wonderful actress.

This. Works even if you’re not an old white lady.

I’ve walked right past a bouncer collecting door fees, by looking past them, and walking in a deliberate fashion like I was just going back in after stepping out (my excuse was that I really had to evacuate the lower digestive tract, and that was the nearest bathroom).

If you’re acting like you belong there, people often assume that you’re supposed to be as long as there’s not anything dodgy about you.

1 Like

Not white enough, she was charged with a felony.

count down to ‘but but white’ come back…3.2.1 flag

Only because she turned up at UK immigration without a passport. Doing that escalated the issue to a point where charges had to be laid. I wonder what she expected to happen? Next time she should try a wheel bay. I hear that approach will get you to the suburbs of London before the plane has even landed.

3 Likes

Perhaps UK customs didn’t fall for that ‘white woman class’ semantics .

Sure not having a passport seems dubious. Perhaps there is more to the story then meets the eye.

That would be from Mel Brook’s High Anxiety when he gets through customs while wanted by the police and carrying a gun just by being obnoxious.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a news item a few years back about a rash of crimes committed by older people, who wanted some excitement in their dreary lives?

When I was a teen living in DC, I would wear suits I bought at thrift stores and explore the city via the Metro and my feet. Because I walked so much, I walked quickly to avoid wasting time. Among the places I breezed my way into, I wandered around the Capitol building on two or three occasions. No one so much as gave me a second look, let alone challenged my presence. It didn’t occur to me at the time, but decades later I realized they probably assumed I was a page.

As I understand it, nowadays there’s security checkpoints at the entrances.

2 Likes

We can all learn something from this lady’s perseverance.

1 Like

Gee, you almost sound as if you don’t believe that race-based privilege is a real thing.

3 Likes

Haha! I was going to say, being Helen Hayes also helps!

Yes, I think perserverance is her key. I’ve read many articles about her and it seems that she has some sort of mental illness that compels her to obsessively attempt to sneak on planes. She’s well known at SFO and probably many other airports. Caught in a loop, some sort of loophole limbo between getting care for her illness and jail.

I rather like the idea of her applying for a job as penetration tester. Then again I had a friend who was a software quality tester who would bang on the same known issue over and over again until they broke, and he got fired because he was too successful at finding flaws.

2 Likes