Woman was late for flight so she told airlines there was a bomb on board

Originally published at: Woman was late for flight so she told airlines there was a bomb on board | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Frustrated Star Trek GIF

31 Likes

23 Likes

I’m hoping she’ll now be 5-10 years late for the rest of her life. Since she’s a middle-aged white woman instead of a young dark-skinned man I doubt that will happen, though.

23 Likes

a judge ordered her to undergo a mental health evaluation

Pretty sure she’s just an asshole.

Let’s see, coming from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, that checks out. The number of passengers being disruptive has absolutely skyrocketed in recent years, and although most of them are people being assholes about wearing masks, even discounting those cases, it’s still a huge increase. Also, most of the cases involve people flying to/from Florida.

I remain convinced that Trump’s major accomplishment was that he gave people permission to openly be assholes. Thanks to him, they don’t feel like they have to self-censor or put the brakes on their behavior. And it’s not just about being assholes with racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, etc., either, but just generally. They generally feel entitled.

31 Likes

Entitlement level 12

12 Likes

I give it a solid 12.9 on that scale.

8 Likes

Angry Comedy GIF by CBC

20 Likes

Hmmm… I must have said something in my last past that was problematic. Not sure what, but I’ll rephrase.

I honestly feel that being led for four years by you-know-who has convinced a lot of folks that the way to get their way is to lie or be complete assholes to everyone else. That they’ll never get punished for it. There are consequences for these behavior, and I hope the legal system holds them to it, because the only way to stop people is to hold them accountable.

25 Likes

Bomb Threat Karen aside, isn’t it against security regulations to knowingly separate a passenger and their bags?

Here in Canada, if they’ve already loaded your bags on board, they usually wait until they’re sure you’re not boarding. Even calling your name on the PA (repeatedly) … because it’s better to delay the aircraft by 5 minutes for you to board than it is to delay by 15-20 minutes as they try to find your bag and remove it.

16 Likes

Dude, that’s Canada, not the USA. There exists no commonality between the two countries.

8 Likes

At Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport, that announcement goes approximately like “WOULD MR JOHN DOE BOOKED ON KLM 123 TO LONDON HEATHROW PLEASE PROCEED TO GATE A123 IMMEDIATELY. YOU ARE HOLDING UP THE FLIGHT!!!”

Incidentally that is an obvious argument in favour of checking baggage. If you’re travelling with cabin baggage only, then if you’re not there when the gate closes, they don’t have to search the hold of the aircraft for your stuff and can more easily leave without you.

15 Likes

Only for international flights. US domestic flights are allowed to fly without positive bag match.

15 Likes

10 Likes

A missed opportunity to use the tag “lifehack”?

9 Likes

She will never be late for a flight again. In a just world she will be on a list with no more plane for you.

8 Likes

something should have tipped off security that even though there was a “bomb” on board, she was perfectly willing to get on the plane if they would just open up the goddam door!

jk-- i know they need to investigate all threats, even the ones they know are just bullshit.

8 Likes

Came here for this. I’m sure she got it from a Buzzfeed article of top ten ways to not miss your plane.

3 Likes

If anyone belongs on the “no-fly” list, it’s people who pull this kind of stunt.

4 Likes

“It was a mess but it was definitely not meant to be.”

Sadly, in reality, things that are, were in fact meant to be.

3 Likes