How Dr Oz duped the media into thinking paid staffer in political stunt was a distraught voter

Originally published at: How Dr Oz duped the media into thinking paid staffer in political stunt was a distraught voter | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Things that should be included in the story are; was this her job for the day? Did she get paid extra for telling her story? Also, were other “voters” the candidate spoke to on TV paid supporters?

2 Likes

It really hasn’t been addressed enough that in elite media, there’s a lot of desire for fascism. Part of it is because they think fascism will be great for ratings, partly because they think it’ll be fun or funny, partly because they think they’ll be able to cast themselves as the heroes no matter which side comes out on top, and partly because elite media is dominated by rich white racist conservatives, and they’ve been dreaming of burning Black people at the stake for decades.

8 Likes

@ Dr Oz:

9 Likes

Strange that they’re forgotten about the journalist / tree / rope memes that the right were sharing (and wearing on fucking T-shirts) just a few years ago. And the “enemy of the people” broadcasting that the former guy loved so much. I’m not a journalist, but wow, that would be a wake up call for me.

6 Likes

First they came for the BIPOCs, and I wrote about it.
Then they came for the LGBTQs, and I wrote about it.
Then they came for the Democrats, and I wrote about it.
Then they came for the journalists

14 Likes

This is Pennsylvania, about as far South you can go while being in the North (Yankee Land), Fetterman should be trouncing Oz in the polls, but alas this is not the reality.

3 Likes

It was easy to dupe them. The corporate media has become all too comfortable in the last decade giving the benefit of the doubt to proven grifters and snake oil salesmen.

1 Like

They believe because they want to believe.

No such things as facts. They vote for him because he’s ON THEIR TEAM.

2 Likes

I’m from western Pennsylvania and I first heard the term “Pennsyltucky” as a very young boy. Back then I just thought it was a funny play on the name. Now I understand more of the reasons behind that term.

2 Likes

He’s been duping the American public for decades now. This is just another brick in the wall.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.