How "I'm not a Robot" checkboxes work

:scream:

2 Likes

No offense intended of course! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to know why it’s so thoroughly broken on some sites.

Just recently some site decreed that my password on that site was no longer valid and that I needed to change it. Before I could request a password reset URL, I had to do a Recaptcha. Clicked the right boxes, got the green checkmark, clicked the link, got sent back to the same page with “You have to complete the Captcha!” Lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseam. ARRGH!

5 Likes

“I referred to my refereed publication from grad school, which nobody referenced.”

Am i doing this right?

5 Likes

Bad subroutines can be entered by anybody.

2 Likes

Some CAPTCHAs are not human readable. Think about that for a moment.

9 Likes

Huh. So this is the robots compiling a list of who is a robot, right?

3 Likes

That happens to me on boing boing, 99% of the time, WTF?

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, we should remove videos from the internet. Oh wait – all of the main points of the piece are made both verbally AND visually. And there’s captions. Are you biased against illiterate people perhaps?

What do you expect from me??? I tried to look up how it was spelled but the online dictionary was TV;DR

2 Likes

Robots are unable to click on them because lying is a micro-agression against humans, and would hence break Asimov’s first law.

6 Likes

TL: 04:00 explains the button captures your IP, mouse movement c.f. the moment, amylbutyrate levels in tears etc. (haven’t been reading the Chrome blog…) to decide if you do the unnecessary things to be a you.

Off to film ‘HTML5 Antiques Roadshow’ while peeps still look youthy.

11 Likes

Mandatory

(I know, probably a human-controlled robot arm, but duh)

3 Likes

I suspect robots are masquerading as human author Matt Forbeck. In fact, it’s probably robots all the way down.

2 Likes

POKE 53265

7 Likes

I am not a number!

9 Likes

I hate CAPTCHAs and wish they would die in a fire.

16 Likes

Anyone who says they are not a robot is like so totally a robot.

4 Likes

I prefer the term Artificial Person myself.

5 Likes

Especially when it has so many long words!

4 Likes