How many metro rides were taken during Women's March Vs Trump inauguration

And most of them don’t fly in to Dulles, either. On the East Coast, if you’re not local you either take a train downtown or (for big protests) buses which drop you as near as they’re allowed to get to the Mall, while suburban folks are going to catch Metro at the edge of the District and locals will catch it near home. (I once had to walk ~1/4 of the way across the District, because apparently the Metro stopped at some silly hour on weeknights and I’d been getting dinner across town on one business trip.)

Trump’s Metro numbers include

• people going to work, not to the event
  • people who went to the protest, not to the coronation.
  • local working people who skipped work and went to the protest or coronation
  • local working people who avoided downtown, made up for by people attending the events.
  • Republicans from out of town who think the subway is a scary hive of criminal black people and drove their coal-rolling pickup trucks downtown, imagining they’d find parking.

And Saturday? That included a few dozen haters and a few million good people.

4 Likes

The Westernmost station on Metro’s Orange Line. Quite the line.

Of course, it’s not especially rural, but it’s definitely not the “edge of the district”

1 Like

Did the DC Metro ever take tokens? Hasn’t it always been cards?

No, this is a serious matter.

I think that chart nicely sums up the facts: Trump’s inauguration was, in fact, the day with the highest Metro ridership.

1 Like

I believe so.

Uh, try to keep up LIBTARD, inauguration day means that was the day Trump BECAME PRESIDENT, which means that was the day all us REAL AMERICANS all got jobs again.

3 Likes

These are double-alt facts, totally up to code.

1 Like

The Dallas Stars of the NHL poked some fun at Trump by fudging their own attendance figures the other night.

10 Likes

That just proves my point that the system used to use tokens.

(Being right all the time is easy in Trumpworld.)

2 Likes

Or even the aspirational “America Rights Its Wrongs.”

1 Like

I know that the buses used them – I used them for that purpose (until some time in 2003, when they ditched the tokens). I still have a bag of them somewhere.

1 Like

May I ask what ever happened to good, old fashioned “truthiness?”

2 Likes

That was so January 19th.

3 Likes

It got replaced by “Trumpiness”.

4 Likes

Right? How dare they care about climate change and reducing individual fossil fuel consumption when according to Trump’s America there is NO such thing as Clinate Change. We should just start bathing in crude oil it is so safe!

1 Like

Wonder how he feels being such a winning loser. Oh wait…sociopath-narcissists don’t understand reality. Buckle up…it’s gonna be a bumpy ride folks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.