How Stetson hats are made

Originally published at: How Stetson hats are made | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Goat Roper Alert!

2677871_orig

3 Likes

Too much politics invested in a stetson. All i want is a broad-brimmed bluetoothed porkpie, is that asking too much? (“meh – too hipster by half”)

3 Likes
3 Likes

Without a trace of irony let me say that the Open Road hat really hits the old nostalgia buttons for me. My grandfather was never without his, and it was LBJ’s favorite hat. For all our faults, Texans had a much better look in the 1950s and 1960s.

2 Likes

Neat video, although I think it might have skipped over some steps for brevity’s sake. But I can honestly say I haven’t bought or worn anything because a celebrity did since I was maybe 20 years old, nor would I dream of wearing a cowboy hat (definitely does not look stylish on me).

Whenever I go hat shopping, I almost always pick out a Stetson - they just have a look that no other brand that I’ve come across has.

I bit the bullet and bought myself an official Stetson-made campaign hat (aka “ranger hat”) when I became a scout leader for my kid’s unit years ago. It wasn’t cheap but I think it was in the neighborhood of $130 instead of $250 and it lends just enough authority that anyone who sees me wearing it assumes I actually know how to tie a bunch of specialized knots.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.