How the Chinese government fabricates social media posts for strategic distraction

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/19/how-the-chinese-government-fab.html

3 Likes

In America, our leaders roll up their sleeves and type up their own fabricated social media posts! Take that lazy commies!!! (Not you, Putin. You’re great!)

/s

23 Likes

Like that doesn’t already happen in the rest of the world…

5 Likes

Curious who runs that organization within the gov’t and what sort of sway that person holds.

1 Like

Is this why Donald’s best tweets always artive in the middle of the night local time?

8 Likes

Did China learn from the donald, or was it the other way around?

3 Likes

we could use that technique here in the us with something like 9-11

1 Like

So assuming that China fabricated this story too, what is it distracting us from?

7 Likes

something sneaky.

Eh, Faux News has been doing that for years.

I was funnier in the other thread.

Every time I see a picture of an eagle crying or an unnaturally colored eagle (you know red white and blue). I sort of assume they’re not a real person much in the same way.

3 Likes

Yeah. Like right in the middle of the workday, in… Manchuria.

2 Likes

松鼠

4 Likes

what is with the shitty screen grab of an office Org chart with?

How the American government fabricates social media posts for strategic distraction:

2 Likes

They must have seen this video. . . :wink:

So assuming that China fabricated this story too, what is it distracting us from?

Strange, awkward, 'Murican shitposting?

1 Like

…and there we have it.

Some of you might find this video interesting from the 80’s given by a Russian Propagandist.

1 Like