How to cut a bell pepper without getting seeds everywhere

[Permalink]

I was really hoping for something I didn’t already do.

Cut straight down one side, across the bottom and up the other side. Then cut a square in the top around the stem, split the pepper in half, grab the stem and pull out the structure holding the seeds. There may be a few seeds left, but probably about the same as this method.

1 Like

Up next: A life hack on how to eat an apple by biting off chunks and chewing them, leaving the core.

I’m sure there’s already a YouTube channel for videos like that. The only question is whether it’s sincere or ironic.

6 Likes

But… why would you want to cut it in the first place?

It’s not news, it’s lifehacker.com!

1 Like

It killed my brother!

4 Likes

Can I make a suggestion, Mark? Leave all that stuff in - the seeds, the whitish, spongy stuff, all of it. Just cut out the stem.

You’ll find that your feijoada and your curries have better/more flavour. Bonus: all that fiber!

/darn! I’m hungry now…

5 Likes

Exactly. The seeds are where the flavor and heat are most concentrated. A jalapeno served without seeds, for instance, is a mild tasting abomination.

2 Likes

Aka Jacques Pepin on PBS about 8 times a week

A nice gentleman shared with me this video (after sharing link in Google+):
How to Cut A Bell Pepper - Gordon Ramsay
Please consider it too. =)

2 Likes

If I used this method I would still get seeds everywhere. :frowning:

This seems to be targeting the people found in the black & white parts of infomercials, throwing their hands up in frustration at their own inability to perform the most basic tasks.

5 Likes

You shouldn’t. There’s a better way.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.