How to fold a fitted sheet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/23/how-to-fold-a-fitted-sheet.html

2 Likes

My wife can fold a fitted sheet so well that it is indistinguishable from a flat sheet when it is on the laundry shelf. This drives me nuts as I then can’t easily select a pair without a fair bit of unfolding, which kind-of defeats the purpose. My system of screwing the fitted sheet into a ball after a few minutes of frustration, works to better identify the fitted ones.

16 Likes

I reject your premise that fitted sheets must be folded!!!11!!1

12 Likes

14 Likes

Who cares when you stuff them in a drawer? Not me at least.

1 Like

They get all wrinkly when you don’t fold them properly.

I never got the whole “OMG fitted sheets are just like soooo hard!1!!one!” meme. Just watching a YouTube tutorial and a tiny bit of practice was enough for me. Yes they are slightly more effort than a standard sheet but it’s really not that hard.

Next, you can master hospital corners.

13 Likes

I do it slightly different, but yes, my mom taught me how to do this like 30 years ago.

8 Likes

Wrinkles are a problem?

I mean…by definition they’re fitted so they stretch out across the mattress. Result: wrinkles disappear.

Not to mention…they’re sheets. You sleep on them. Who cares if they’re wrinkled?

15 Likes

I like sheets like I like my women. Flat and stiff. (/s… I much prefer fluffy and lumpy.)

6 Likes

What’s next? Is she going to tell me how to never lose my socks pairs?
But I also must say, how is this living on a dime? Are you really spending all your money paying the help to fold your sheets?

2 Likes

Same here…only wrinkled :wink:

2 Likes

No! Trap my feet at your peril.

9 Likes

Watching these sheets folded makes me feel better.

4 Likes

Ah! She’s a witch! Burn her!

10 Likes

No, but I will:

2 Likes

If your sheets aren’t wrinkled you are not doing it right!

4 Likes

Or at all…

8 Likes

The only difference in the technique I use is that I only fold the sheets enough to slide them into one of the pillow cases. Much easier to keep matched sets together.

6 Likes

If you are living on a dime, chances are the sheets go back on the bed after washing, not in a closet.

6 Likes

Wait. What? Sheets are supposed to fold?

3 Likes