How to hide from the cops

The line was also used, slightly altered, in 1990’s Men at Work.

2 Likes

…eeeoooeeeoooeeeoooeeeooo!

3 Likes

How not to be seen

13 Likes

I don’t think so. I think there is a splice just after he jumps in, watch the brightness of the left side of the screen.

I think I see the artifact you’re speaking of, but I don’t think it’s a splice.

I think it’s the camera making a light adjustment to accommodate for the change from the reflective lid of the bin to the dark interior, then back again. Watching the flag during that time, I don’t see a break in movement.

When the kid emerges from the can (nominally 30 minutes later) I see the same brightness shift.

I remain open to the possibility this was staged, however.

1 Like

I thought same - wondering what game he might be enjoying in there.

sadOscar

5 Likes

San Deigo? Right? :wink:

1 Like

I’ve gotta give props to the kid for smoothly jumping into the bin without knocking it over.

5 Likes

If you can prove there is a mouse inside you’ll get a free replacement, eh.

That was my favorite scene in “E.T.”

1 Like

The cops caught the kid. He’s accused of being a Pokemon card thief.

5 Likes

Gotta catch 'em all!

3 Likes

Someone with skills needs to re-color that trash bin to resemble this:

1 Like

Thanks @charles_cfap I was wondering what would make him so desperate he’d rather be crushed in a garbage truck than captured by Police. Pokemon card theft is a felony in most areas. /s

3 Likes

All I had to do was lay down. I was walking along RR tracks at night. I saw the police car coming on the road that parallels the track. I laid down next to the tracks. Luckily the RR bed (the tracks, the ties, and the stone ballast) was high enough. I watched the spotlight scan, back and forth, over the spot where I was laying, by seeing the light move across the hillside that is on the opposite side of the tracks from the road the cops were on. I could see the shadow of the tracks against the hillside. The was no shadow of me when the light passed over me. (whew!) They definitely must have been told by someone that there was a person on that section of tracks. I didn’t do any crime, except for walking on RR tracks at 3:00am. I laid there for a minute or two, then ran home.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.