How To Make A Purrito

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/03/how-to-make-a-purrito.html

8 Likes

Is… Is this a thing?

Why do people do things like this? It’s a living animal, not a play toy. I can understand when you have to wrap up a cat to do something like give it a pill, but this just seems like they’re just doing it for their own pleasure at the expense of the cat.

I know: lighten up Francis.

2 Likes

You’ve just never had one smothered in ancho sauce.

5 Likes

I only know how to make flapcats.

20 Likes

dunecat

27 Likes

So you hate purritos? What’s next in your litany?
“Oh, and by the way, fuck Baby Yoda.”

8 Likes

Making a purrito is a recommended way for giving cats a pill. But you have to get their back paws in too otherwise they’ll tear you to shreds. When I was watching this vid was like “Yeah, what about the back paws though?”, thinking it was a functional purrito.

This is just wrapping a cat up in a towel.

10 Likes

That cat looked gakked out of its mind.

1 Like

I find it easier to mush the pill into a treat. There’s no way my cat is going to put up with this twice a day.

4 Likes

Also useful for drying a cat post-bath.

My cat has some medical issues that, indirectly, result in much more frequent washing in the sink than would otherwise be normal. The kitty burrito is extremely useful at keeping her calm and still until she’s dry enough to set free. Then again, she’s already a burrower, and enjoys sleeping at night under the blankets tucked in my wife’s knees or armpit.

5 Likes

15 Likes

Amazingly enough, playing with a cat in this way can make the actual purrito-making much less stressful if there’s ever a medical need for it. Sometimes you have to train an animal to let you do benign maintenance.
has a log haired cat that used to be afraid of the brush it yowls for daily now

13 Likes

21 Likes

Mine has gone off smooshy treats lately. She probably realized that they always have bitter-tasting centers. :wink: Now, my daily mission is to avoid slicing my fingers while dissecting the hard green treats with soft centers she prefers. So far, I’ve managed to make little pill sandwich cookie-style treats that work. If she stops eating those, I’ll be looking for ways to make a purrito without being bitten or scratched repeatedly.

4 Likes

We don’t burrito our cats unless it’s truly necessary, but we play with their paws and bellies when they’re kittens. Makes nail clipping easier, and makes the floof an area you can actually touch instead of an ever-inviting trap full of teeth and claws.

6 Likes

I’m glad my cat hasn’t had to take pills in years but this method would not work on him, he’s a sassy fighter and i called him Kahn for a reason. The method for getting him to swallow pills was relatively straightforward but help was needed, i had someone hold him while i opened his mouth and placed the pill as far back as i could and then just held his mouth shut for 5 seconds or so. It’s the same method for getting dogs to swallow pills and was the only thing that worked for my cat.

4 Likes

It’s Bonsai Kitten Cultists.

4 Likes

He truly is the Catsatz Haderach!

4 Likes

I’ve known cats that would’ve cut out my eye ifi tried this.