How to make curried rice the Aleister Crowley way

28 Likes

To hell with that poisonous, evil toad. The banishings in many of his rituals are incomplete. HP Lovecraft knew better:

I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you can not put downe; by the Which I meane, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to Answer, and shall commande more than you.

9 Likes

Not flame grilled, eh?

3 Likes

Or “bowel”. Wouldn’t put it past him

3 Likes

Hmm. It was brown rice, I suppose.

Folks, this is most definitely a pilau not a curry.

Ish. But…

Pilau.

8 Likes

One bit of trivia - when talking about climbing, Crowley is referring to the 1905 Kanchenjunga expedition of which he was a member, and probably held the world-record for climbing. They reached at least 25,000 feet which was not beaten until the 1922 attempt on Everest.

10 Likes

Satan is a close personal friend of mine, and Satan would be very unimpressed with this pilau/pilaf.

9 Likes

https://issuu.com/rock-and-ice/docs/136 p. 54

There was also an article in one of the mags (my Google-fu fails me) of how he ‘invented’ sandbagging. He and his comrades were in France and at odds with the local mountain guides. Crowley clandestinely taught a local girl how to climb a balancy traverse on a local boulder, then upon running into the self-important French, bet them that they couldn’t work out the traverse. Upon their failure, he said, “I’ll bet a girl could do that,” and called upon a girl who just “happened” to be nearby (his ringer) to try it…

3 Likes

“Mr. Crowley, you have a highly marketable recipe here. Can you imagine the day when your face is on every frozen ready made curried rice across the globe?”

8 Likes

The only kind of Curry that doesn’t irritate my allergies.

4 Likes

No perfume allergies?

http://www.rockyhorrorwiki.org/wiki2/index.php?title=4711

4711 is a Citrus cologne with traces of rosemary and lavender, a spicy etheral scent for both men and women

Sounds rather nice, actually.

I’ll have to cop a sample from somewhere and see if I like it.

4 Likes

Not with those raisins you can’t

1 Like

“Do what thou wilt” shall be the whole of the Cookbook

12 Likes

Having been to a gnostic mass… yes.

Would that be any actual curry?

I would have accepted “curry powder” or “cook with curry leaves”…

1 Like

Would that be a bit of Robert Rankin I just spotted?

3 Likes

I dated a Brit expat who was a chili head. Would ask for full heat at Thai and Indian places, won hot wing eating contests. Hated American’s love for cinnamon, though. So it may be the ones with a taste for spice find it easier to leave the country?

2 Likes

Curry powder is not an authentic way to make curry.

3 Likes