How to quit your job in style

I feel sorry for her, she still wants to keep her job.

Both in a three-element set is still a majority.

This sums up the job description for US Federal ā€˜Drug Czarā€™ and the demographic that office exists to placate.

1 Like

No. Both of us win against you single mes. Thatā€™s right. Deal with that.

ā€œFuck itā€ shows authenticity, guts and rejection of the puritanically hypocritical nature of television. So, a huge plus for her and her cause. I would wholeheartedly support her cause and trust her as a leader.

5 Likes

Good point. The days of Walter Cronkite journalism are long gone. We now live in the era of Jerry Springer and Honey Boo Boo. The lady is reaching her audience.

I got really confused between this comment thread and the three boobs comment thread and had a moment of wtf.

2 Likes

The Alaska television reporter whose live, on-air resignation on Sunday has since gone viral is now offering a more detailed ā€” and less profane ā€” explanation for her career move.

2 Likes

I love how she isnā€™t rangy, or angry. Sheā€™s amazingly composed, and just shrugs and says Fuck it. I love everything about this.

4 Likes

Used curse words did she?, publicly you say? Message lost credibility with you as a result you say?

?

1 Like

Wow. The economy must be getting a lot better if you can just quit a job and burn bridges at not only your current employer, but probably every employer of that field. Iā€™m thinking someone has never had a long stretch of non-gainful employment.

Maybe sheā€™s putting down roots in a different fast-growing market?

11 Likes

God bless her, best of luck, but Iā€™d never burn a bridge like that. Especially in a way that would alienate you not only at that job, but the whole field. It would be different if you were an accountant or something and told a job to fuck off where only that place would know about it. Publicly on TV where employers get fined by the FCC and a black mark like that will make you less desirable for any future hires.

Dominant paradigms donā€™t subvert themselves, ya know?

4 Likes

People that are on on the wrong side (keeping pot illegal) and offended by the F word are likely not going to be swayed with sweet talk eitherā€¦

4 Likes

That was an absolutely priceless stunned look.

Kinda reminds me of another Alaskan businesswoman five years ago. But with a greener fallback job.

2 Likes

Have you considered the odds of them shutting off the cameras before she was fifteen seconds into her speech? Theyā€™re high.

3 Likes

After reading the concern-trolling in these comments I am really worried about Rahm Emanual and Dick Cheney, not to mention every participant in the recently leaked healthcare.gov emails. They will never be taken seriously againā€¦apparently.

1 Like

Like I said: media savvy.
This is the order in wich it is done: First, you get their attention, by any means available. Then, they will come to you to hear you present your explanations and arguments.
:wink:

1 Like