How to reheat coffee

Originally published at: How to reheat coffee | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Kalter Kaffee macht schön.

3 Likes

bringt dich zum kotzen

2 Likes

Well, your mileage might differ.
Neither me nor my rubber plant at the office mind cold coffee.

1 Like

I tend to pour mine into the carolina reaper pepper plant, if it comes to that. I tend to rely on the nuclear oven for reheating liquids. Anything from melting butter to reheating coffee seems to be A-OK.

6 Likes

Yup. At the office the pantry with the microwave ist too far away to bother, but at home it’s just damn practical. Including bringing red wine up to room temperature when I’ve forgotten to get it out of the cellar in time again.

2 Likes

so if the $120 mug that never allows the coffee to cool is the best, does that mean I should always look for the BUN coffee pot that has been sitting out the longest for the “best” coffee?

1 Like

check it out tim and eric GIF

6 Likes

You want the $1.5m mug that also doubles as a portable RTG.

1 Like

This tokamak doubles as a coffee mug.

3 Likes

Hot coffee and a fully charged phone, always. What’s not to like?

1 Like

This is what I use keeps coffee warm for a very long time

This what my wife uses also keeps coffee/tea warm for a long time

2 Likes

We have a couple of those… one in gray, the other in red. They work great. Picked them up at Whole Foods. We found that the easiest way to pop off the lid’s sliding tab (to allow thorough cleaning) is to let the lid soften up in hot water for a few minutes.

Start my coffee- pour a cup. Turn off the burner & reheat later in micro as desired. No burnt coffee!

2 Likes

I also use the nuker to take the chill off red wine stored in our regular refrigerator, nuked one glass at a time (about 5 seconds, YMMV).

As for freshly brewed coffee, I prefer iced over hot, so I only drink it hot when brewed. Then decant into glass pitcher to cool then refrigerate.

1 Like

… aerating it properly would also work

Just. Don’t. Do. It. Reheating coffee only makes it worse.

I use my Hario glass funnel to drip about 500 cc of coffee directly into a Zojirushi glass vacuum bottle carafe. Then I dole it out a few ounces at a time into my favorite porcelain coffee cup (not a ginormous mug). I let it rest briefly to cool a bit, then drink, refill, repeat. Perfect coffee every time.

1 Like

However reheated coffee is better than no coffee, in my opinion.

4 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.