Spot on.

Yeah, baby!

*lolz

9 Likes

Aaaaaack, my eeeyyyyyyyyes!

4 Likes

*lolz

4 Likes

Ripening of avocados (as with other fruit) is not simply a degenerative process. There is active protein and nucleic acid synthesis going on during ripening process which results in not just a softening of the fruit, but vast changes to the aroma compounds present in it.

All rapid heating will do is give you a soft unripe avocado.

4 Likes

Wait, isn’t that @japhroaig’s brother? Do we not know that japhroaig is built more like this?

9 Likes

Dem avocados look ripe!

9 Likes

Is this the ‘Questions’ thread?

*lolz

Anyhoos, I avoided picking that image because it’s one of the most common, and the one I chose is more aesthetically pleasing to me, personally.

But then again, nearly everything I post is to please myself - case in point:

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now you’re just being ridiculous. It was the cereal aisle.

4 Likes

So you’re admitting that you’re a cereal whipits huffer?

4 Likes

You just “do” whip-its. You huff paint thinner and markers and auto exhaust and glue and…

(never done any of these things as a teenager or kindergartener)

2 Likes

I’ve got better legs. Rawr!! :smiley:

9 Likes

In my experience, getting the avocado warm works well, but actually cooking them results in some horrendous transformation that makes them taste bad. So, if avocado is included in a recipe, add at the end so it just gets warm.[quote=“Grey_Devil, post:24, topic:77279”]
i’ve had deep fried avocados which were amazing
[/quote]

Frying is apparently its own special magic that negates the ick-transformation of cooking an avocado.

2 Likes

I still have a hunch that non-deep fried, cooked/grilled unripe avocados could somehow work. Perhaps sliced paper thin, blasted with a torch, and served as a vegan carpaccio. They have a starchy, grassy flavor, but perhaps served with either a flavor friend (acid and sweet, perhaps a balsamic) or something similar (marinated artichoke hearts) it could be good.

Just thinkin’ out loud :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yum, that sounds good. I’ll have to run it by my personal chef, er, husband.

3 Likes

Hay, I need one of those! Well, not a husband, but a personal chef! :smiley:

4 Likes

You don’t need to use this cheap trick if you use the right guac bowle.

6 Likes

Ripe in the sense that gas chamber tomatoes are ripe?

Yuck.

Now I’m kinda bummed I didn’t avocado with my Safeway sushi.

Holy guacamole!

2 Likes

“10 minutes”. Well, whatever to heat the oven to 250C, the 10 _to 15_minutes.

Not at all helpful…