How to seal a bag of chips without a clip

I’m about 100 times more likely to have access to a clip of some sort, than to have a silica packet on me.

6 Likes

You have chips left? How does that work?

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

What a time to be alive.

5 Likes

I’ve actually been using a similar method for a few years, and it works as long as you have enough room to roll the top down a few times. How full the bag can be depends on the bag and its width, though.

Difficult to describe without showing it, but the main difference with the method I’ve been using is that I don’t fold the corners in first - I roll the top down a few times, and then fold about an inch of the roll in from each side. Then I slightly unroll the roll, turning it sort of inside-out over the folded-in bits (roughly the same motion as shown in this clip at the end) to lock it all together.

It’s particularly useful after parties and such, when there’s usually leftover snacks that need to be put away and either no clips, or not wanting to use clips due to the bags being destined to go home with various guests later.

2 Likes

I have both Titanium-blade Fiskars and EMT shears in my kitchen. No TJ’s bags are a problem.

The point is that you should be able to open them without tools.

1 Like

But then the cat could open them.

3 Likes

Damn, too late for the obvious jokes. But yeah, if there are chips left in the bag, you’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

Feh. Chips.

2 Likes

Juanitas tortilla chip bags are the worst! It’s almost like they made them to do this on purpose!

If you have let a cat into your home, you have more problems than I or anyone else can help you with.

3 Likes

I made up a bag closing method cabin camping a few years ago.
Lay the bag down like on your video, and place a sturdy string (old shoelace I use) across the top that overhangs a few inches on each side of the bag. Roll the bag tightly around the string as far down as you need, and tie the two ends like a shoe gathering the rolled bag together as you make the knot.
Totally air tight.
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.