Removing magnets from hard drives has resulted in blood blisters on my fingers. I’d be very careful with monsters like that. Are there not some sort of plastic or non-magnetic tongs you could use to handle these?
316 stainless steel tends to not be paramagnetic.
/ I’ve dropped sooo many SS screws.
You get a good look at how large the field is when he’s splitting the magnets. Plastic grabbers won’t do a whole lot to keep your fingers out of between them, you’re just getting smashed through a layer of plastic.
It looks like there was already a wood spacer between the magnets when he used the splitter on them. How does this work if you have two magnets already face to face? IMO, magnets of that strength need to be in separate rooms until they are being used
I was thinking of something like a set of tongs that would put your fingers away from the area between the two magnets, or between the magnet and the metal. Kind of like how a push stick goes between the fence and the blade of a table saw rather than your fingers.
At some level, I think safety could be maintained/improved by considering magnets of that power to be self-aware…
… and malevolent.
I want to see how they manufacture these things. How do they prevent them from sticking to or messing with the equipment used in the manufacturing process? If you could just google that up for me, that would be great.
Fine! I did it myself:
Check out the special safety-first footwear the factory worker has at 10:35.
This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.