How to solve your problems when no one else can help

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/25/how-to-solve-problems-when-no.html

4 Likes

Howling Mad Murdock looked the same in the 80’s as Reg did in the 90’s. Doubtless clean holodeck livin’!

11 Likes

oh god this show is so terrible, why did I love this so much as a kid??!!

5 Likes

See also: CHiPs, Dukes of Hazard, Six Million Dollar Man, …

6 Likes

they can’t help us. we’re screwed, just deal with it.

1 Like

I could never find them. First I had to find the entrance to the Los Angeles underground, which isn’t as easy as the narrator makes it sound.

12 Likes

I always told my wife that if I were in the hospital in a coma or persistent vegetative state to play every episode of this on repeat. The theme song and plan-follow-through spirit of every episode will be sure to rouse me!

13 Likes

Unfortunately, living in the Northeastern U.S., they’re kind of put of my area. So when I’ve got a problem and the odds are against me, I have to call the Equalizer.

5 Likes

In the event you don’t have enough time to solve your problems you are welcome to watch all 98 episodes of A-Team at the same time here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHhfiAjycBw

(90% sure BoingBoing turned me on to that video years ago but of course now I can’t find the link - maybe it was old man Kottke that did it)

1 Like

which equalizer? both guys can get the job done. just a slight difference in style.

2 Likes

I thought the Cylon strolling past was a nice touch.

9 Likes

That’s because in 1972 they had decommissioned it, and blocked the entrances. Last I read they had dug a new one because the old one had actually been a good idea. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s true. Every damn time it’s mentioned.

5 Likes

Explosions, machine guns, car crashes, witty one liners, an eclectic cast full of over the top stereotypes - good god, what more do you want in a show?

Oh, a plot that has substance and depth? Yeeeaaaaahhh… they didn’t really do a lot of that in the 80s.

2 Likes

Perhaps the single corniest TV show ever, out-pacing the Munsters and Beverly Hillbillies and Gilligan’s Island by miles in ridiculousness, and yet it was fun to watch.

All those Stephen J. Cannell shows were pretty fun, although they typically white-washed the violence (example: horrible car crash, everyone escapes with only minor bruises.)

2 Likes

Helicopters being shot down and people safely jumping out before they crash #1

3 Likes

You could always head to your local L.A. high school instead, believe it or not.

6 Likes

Cars blowing up from the least little thing hitting them.

3 Likes

And there’s always a ramp placed in just the right (wrong?) spot causing the jeep to roll over! Amazing!

4 Likes

They JUST put that perfectly sloped mound of dirt for their road construction project!

1 Like