How to stop a wedding

That would be ashamed.

1 Like

Self-castration with a pair of scissors4 is also worth trying.

Crap. I was hoping your link would take me to a similar article illustrated in pastels and filled with happy, reasonable people showing how it’s done.

5 Likes

I always assumed that this was the time for the father of the bride/groom to admit he was also the father of the other bride/groom - and that otherwise everyone should shut up.

I think it’s because that man’s right leg is actually scaffolding, so they’re all REALLY IMPRESSED at what’s going on.

1 Like

…or for someone to burst through the doors and shout ‘he/she’s already married… to me!’

There are lots of other possibilities, though I doubt ‘notorious concubinage’ gets used much these days.

Really there shouldn’t be any objection during the wedding - that’s just the last call.

In theory of course, bride, groom, and everyone they know well are in the same congregation, where the priest has announced the wedding and reminded everyone that if they know any reason they shouldn’t be married, to come see him privately after the service.

1 Like

These would work, although they’d be a little too late.

1 Like

Releasing one from the messy cleanup of explaining your objection to family and friends afterward.

1 Like

I wasn’t there, but in pictures and legend, my maternal grandfather at my parents wedding looked like he was at a funeral than a wedding. If only there’d been an internet back then, though that would likely have repercussions on my existance.

My parents were denied permission to marry by my paternal grandfather- at the time, anyone under 21 needed their parents’ permission to get married. They got married as soon as they could do so without permission (which happened to be when they were 20, due to changes in the law).

Not as dramatic as stopping the service partway through, though.

Shame.

Perhaps they should do their homework:
Are you ready for marriage?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.