How to talk to MAGAts

In light of the Bannon tape and the January 7th outtakes, Beau suggests that now is the time to connect with your MAGA friends, family, and cow-orkers, and point to the real conspiracy.

Wondering if you have tried to reach out, and if so, how it went.

4 Likes

I’ve just chosen to disengage from toxic people and live my best life.

NothingOfValueWasLost.gif

14 Likes

Lost causes in the case of my MAGArelatives.

It’s like they are on a crusade of hate.

No contact. Better off.

11 Likes

I have a brother-in-law who has been riding the Trump train for awhile. I’m tempted to try and work through it with him, but my wife and her sister think it’s a lost cause.

6 Likes
3 Likes

From a great distance. Even if they’re not going to deliberately try to physically harm you, the chances of them being actively contagious is high.

4 Likes

If they get even a whiff that the video I’m about to show them is in any way “liberal,” or that I’m trying to persuade them, the MAGAts I know will completely shut it out preemptively. They’ll allow no information that might undermine their pet conspiracies to get through. It’s an effective defense mechanism. There’ve been a number of “show this video to your Trumpy acquaintances” titles out there, but I’ve not found them useful, unfortunately.

That said, Beau rules.

7 Likes

Buttigeig know how:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.