How to tell if a mirror is one-way glass

[Read the post]

1 Like

Snopes, dude.

5 Likes

If you have to find out, you’ve already failed.

1 Like

Snopes has the best answer.

The article is correct inasmuch as nobody is going to use a glass first-surface mirror in an ordinary application, but ignores stainless steel “unbreakable” (aka vandal-resistant ) mirror products that are inherently first surface, but definitely 1-way.

Why would anybody even bother with a 2-way mirror when mini surveillance cameras are cheaper?

3 Likes

Another sure-fire test: if you’re in a laboratory, and somebody places on the table before you a doll, a length of twine, and a stopped clock, and one wall is one enormous mirror, there’s a good chance you’re being observed.

9 Likes

This article reminds me of a time a went to a restaurant attached to an art gallery. The restrooms were in the art gallery itself, and in the men’s room, above the urinal trough was a two way mirror looking out into the hallway. The feeling of watching people walk right by was…odd

2 Likes

We have a first surface mirror in our house. I have turned it around to face the wall so as to avoid any government snoops and preverts.

6 Likes

I was at a restaurant once where they had the same setup, only the two way mirror above the urinals was actually looking into the ladies´ washroom, where the sink was. It was pretty messed up.

If you hear giggling and shushing, put your pants back on and leave the room.

2 Likes

We actually have a huge one in the conference room where we eat lunch. Of course, we are a psychological research firm and we use that room for observational studies and suchlike.

In my building floor plan that shows who/what is in each room/office, that one is labelled as Captain Creeper.

Were you just arrested? It’s two way glass.

4 Likes

Those steel jail mirrors are unmistakable for anything else though. They’re always dented and otherwise fucked up in ways that glass can’t be.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.