How Trump really dealt with Russia's bounty on US soldiers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/30/how-trump-really-dealt-with-ru.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH President Trump is told about Russia putting a bounty on US soldiers, and leaps into his usual action

14 Likes

He gets so many uses out of the COVID playbookā€¦

8 Likes

Neat how this strategy has so many applications. Itā€™s so versatile. Itā€™s like Mad Libs for Despots.

18 Likes

Shouldnā€™t the ā€œleakerā€ have a big bushy moustache?

4 Likes

Sad!

additional characters

3 Likes

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and swims like a duck and craps like a duck, it might as well be a duck. Regardless of whether Mass-Murdering Traitor Trump is being paid by Russia, extorted by Russia, or both, heā€™s a Russian agent.

9 Likes

His universal play book of denial and deflection universally costs American lives. So the people that defend him just think this is all made up? I guess love is blind.

1 Like

The only Trumpian response not used was the ā€œnon-sequiturā€.

Mr. President. What do you say to the families of soldiers being targeted now over in Afghanistan?

We so love our warriors. I was telling Melania that just the other day. Weā€™d love to have them over in Mar-a-Lago sometime.

9 Likes

Itā€™s not like USA ever paid Afghan jihidists to kill Russians.

3 Likes

Trumpā€™s waiting first for the Medal of Thralldom from Putin.

1 Like

The horrid thing is that there is no joke in this comic. IĀ“m actually convinced that this is more or less what happend in the Oval Office.

3 Likes

I though you meant Metal of Thorium, or some Cobalt-60 for good measure.

3 Likes

He deserves all thatā€¦ and more! :slightly_smiling_face:

If the US did do such a thing and was caught at it, Russians would expect Putin to react. If he didnā€™t, it would be a dereliction of his duty to his country and to his troops. The same thing applies to Trump.

3 Likes

I think @Keith_McClary is referring to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

1 Like

Probably, but it still misses the point of what makes this a scandal.

1 Like

And if the USA was caught doing so do you think the Russian President would react by taking to the world stage and pushing the International Community to further the American Presidentā€™s interests?

I donā€™t think itā€™s really asking all that much to expect the President of the United States to show some bare minimum of allegiance to his own country and the troops under his command over our strategic and military rivals.

4 Likes

Remember when we used to make fun of GWB for being dumb? Those were the good old days. I feel a bit like: ā€œOh you think THAT guy was stupid? Hold my beerā€¦ā€

After this President, will his old base try to find someone even worse? Where does it stop. When we out stupid ourselves out of existence? Maybe the world will build a big wall around us, and only let people out if they can prove they arenā€™t a tea party replicant.

President AssClown reminds of the robot in the Oz books but minus its good qualities (bravery, loyalty to Dorothy). Here, from Wikipedia:

ā€œTik-Tok is a round-bodied mechanical man made of copper, that runs on clockwork springs which periodically need to be wound, like a wind-up toy or mechanical clock. He has separate windings for thought, action, and speechā€¦ When his works run down, he becomes frozen or mute or continues to speak but utters gibberishā€¦ As Baum repeatedly mentions, Tik-Tok is not alive and feels no emotions. He therefore can no more love or be loved than a sewing machine.ā€

Businessman Trump masterfully convinces Putin to lower bounty on US soldiers by 2%

3 Likes