Trump says Russian bounty story is 'a made up Fake News Media Hoax ' (it is not)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/01/trump-says-russian-bounty-stor.html

6 Likes

But of course.

15 Likes

Another day another distraction.

Next.

16 Likes

I hope Uncle Vlad tossed him a nice doggie treat for that one.

13 Likes

I wonder if he realizes that he only denies things that are true?

33 Likes

Has anyone looked into this incident as a possible “bounty” in Syria? Assad-aligned Syrian fighters—with Russian private mercenaries—attacked U.S. troops for hours. The Russian “Wagner Group” sounds a lot like their version of Blackwater. Why this group suddenly decided to attack U.S. forces for no strategic reason is pretty weird. Like they were paid to test our defenses?

13 Likes

I’m tired. So tired.

23 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s the idea…

13 Likes

“It’s not just treason. It’s historic treason,” Rick says about the revelation that the Russians offered bounties on U.S. soldiers—and Trump kissed up to the Kremlin anyway. “This is a guy who was already going down into the dustbin of history. And now there’s going to be a line at his grave where they’re going to have to throw cat litter down. Because people are gonna piss on it for all time.”

DlhbFLnV4AAirZH

35 Likes

Damn near 4 years in office and this man still doesn’t know how intelligence briefings work. He doesn’t trust and vilified Every U.S. Intelligence agency and takes the word of dictators over his own staffers.

12 Likes

We’ve seen this kind of BS out of Republican administrations before, and they didn’t get in trouble either. But Benghazi!

RICE: I believe the title was, “Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States.”

15 Likes

Even if what Trump tweeted was true – an “if” larger than the universe – that just begs a followup question: “Why would the revelation that Russia was paying a bounty for each US soldier killed NOT RISE TO THAT LEVEL?”

14 Likes

If someone tweets that the Trump presidency is a hoax, does that make it true?

9 Likes

Susan Rice pens an opinion piece…

11 Likes

I’m going to pee on Bush Jr.'s grave. Trump’s will get much worse treatment.

16 Likes

Would it surprise anyone at this point if it were revealed that Trump himself had put out bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan just to own the libs or something like that?

10 Likes

So he is claiming the DOD said there was no evidence of this?

Don’t we have statement from the DOD or other government entity stating otherwise?

7 Likes

It might just turn out to be stuff people said during interrogation to get the torture to stop, but certainly not made up by the media.

1 Like

Corroborated by:

Money movement
Interviews with captured Taliban
John Bolton
IC source who gave a specific date that it was included in the daily brief

Trump will tweet out any rumor or conspiracy theory that supports him or hurts his enemies, usually without a single shred of evidence, yet insists on ironclad proof to take action in this case. And if Putin denies it, no proof would be sufficient.

For the past few weeks it almost seems like our intelligence community is running an operation to prevent Trump’s re-election. Everything that has happened seems designed to chip (hack) away all but his staunchest supporters. Not that I’m complaining.

20 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if this leak was orchestrated by Republican operatives who are not happy about their prospects down-ticket, and are trying to provide a pretense for saving face by feigning outrage about a subject that their jingoistic base can get behind.

8 Likes