Howard Stern for President?

11 Likes

I might have to run just to clean this f**king mess up

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Iā€™m so sick of rich white dudes thinking that they are qualified to do an extremely complex job that no one can do well right out of the gate and thinking that ā€œonly they can fixā€ our problems. No, Howard, you dumb shit, you canā€™t fix our shit. What will fix our shit is us dealing with our fascist political party, and then looking to science and experts on various fields to help us craft some decent legislation to deal with our overlapping problems. A fucking talk show host with a history of misogyny isnā€™t in any position to ā€œfixā€ our problems single-handedly, you arrogant dickwad.

adventure time table flip GIF

39 Likes

And all the people said ā€œAmen!ā€

29 Likes

Stern really doesnā€™t want to be president just like he never wanted to be governor.

He wants to make large amounts of money by saying things that gets people worked up.

Itā€™s working, he made the news and people are talking about him.

If you listen to him regularly you also know heā€™s fed up and frustrated with this whole pandemic much like all of us are. Heā€™s venting much like all of us in this topic.

6 Likes

I feel this way about Mcconaughey teasing a run for governor. He might not even be bad at it. And Governor is a better place to start a political career than President.

But even if he was potentially the best choice Iā€™m still sick of famous guys who are like ā€œwell Iā€™m popular in mass media so surely I can govern better than anyone elseā€¦ those things are the same!ā€

21 Likes

Youā€™ve clearly learned nothing since 2016ā€¦

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

He can fuck off, too.

18 Likes

And clearly you donā€™t listen to Howard.

He has zero interest in working more than 3 days a week and his latest contract gives him the entire summer off.

Heā€™s angry at everyone over this pandemic. Heā€™s venting about everything.

What was I supposed to learn in 2016? That an unqualified rich guy could start a cult and convince a large proportion of voters to vote for him?

Or that democrats couldnā€™t beat an unqualified rich guy?

But I was commenting on your Stern comment. I am a listener and I am positive he will not run for anything.

2 Likes

Then he needs to STFU. Mcconaughey needs to STFU. Itā€™s beyond tedious for a bunch of privileged white dudes to keep acting like they can solve our problems, when they are the group that got us where we are todayā€¦ FFS.

19 Likes

Thatā€™s a feature, not a bug.

19 Likes

Even if we donā€™t regularly listen, I think most of us are probably familiar enough with him and his shtick at this point. Heā€™s been high profile in the culture for decades now, and has enough of a high profile to get interviewed by Terry Gross not too long agoā€¦

7 Likes

Anyone who can throw a TiVo and block an rpg from hurting his actor friends is an American hero. Just think of what he could do to Putin with a Roku player.

Still couldnā€™t make a Lincoln Aviator cool.

5 Likes

Some books really are all cover. Apologies to the folk wisdom.

10 Likes

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

7 Likes

That right there was some brand new folk wisdom anyway.

5 Likes

broad city wisdom teeth GIF

4 Likes

Sorry, but he would be awful. Spouting common sense platitudes is not a substitute for the ability to govern and lead.

12 Likes

Scarily enough, it still makes him more qualified than the current governerā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m not being a cheerleader for Stern, I do find him entertaining when heā€™s not doing fart humor, heā€™s also a great interviewer. His interview with Hillary was really good

So rich white guys arenā€™t allowed to be angry with the on going handling of the pandemic?

I think everyone of us has screamed at the TV or the news or the president that, hell, even we could do a better job, we all know it ainā€™t that easy but we donā€™t have a platform as big as the Sternā€™s of this world.

Let him vent it might help, it certainly helps those of us that are just as fed up as he is but nobody hears me when I scream.

1 Like

I could do a better job, because the first step would be to realize Iā€™m in way in over my head and turn things over to experts instead. Since celebrities arrogantly thinking they were more capable than that have made this such a mess, maybe you can understand people here venting about a celebrity talking as if he were more capable than that.

9 Likes

What celebrity has had any authority over the pandemic besides the reality tv actor that managed to win?

I do not want celebrities in charge of things like a pandemic or a country either.

1 Like