Howard Stern on CNN: Trump "disgusted" by his fan base

exactly. i hate them BOTH.

1 Like

I add sites I want to support as exceptions, that’s the tension. I don’t want to have to add BoingBoing back to the block list.

2 Likes

And as Stern implies, people who wear trucker hats and T-shirts aren’t exactly common in the social circles Trump feels comfortable in. Whenever possible he surrounds himself with other rich white guys wearing suits. Trump himself is almost never photographed any other way except for those occasions that some reporter snaps a picture of him on a golf course. No Dubya-esque photos of Trump clearing brush on his private ranch or rolling up his sleeves to enjoy some barbecue. No Obama-esque photos of family vacations at the beach or exchanging heartfelt hugs with working-class volunteers. The idea of voluntarily spending quality time with a person who works an hourly job and doesn’t own a business suit is something that wouldn’t even occur to the likes of Trump.

19 Likes

Glad to see Stern finally speaking his mind a bit more instead of just pandering. He did a spectacular interview with Hillary Clinton recently:

If only that interview had happened before the election…

3 Likes

I’m capable of hating both Trump and the army of miscreants, morons and deplorables who voted for him. That’s the kind of response the invite.

2 Likes

No First Dog. That’s all I need to know.

3 Likes

Trump is the dog

3 Likes

Trump is a mangy, old house cat at best.

More of a rabid rat living in the attic if you ask me.

7 Likes

Best description I’ve read about tRumph.

10 Likes

I thought maybe the black mold in the basement. Toxic, destroys everything it touches and expensive to fix.

14 Likes

Yeah. I may have been a little unfair to rats. Trump is more like the rabies.

9 Likes

Wow. Livejournal is still a thing?

3 Likes

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

I recall John Cleese once said something similar. My badly remembered version of what he said was “a British person would far rather be described as bad in bed than bad at humour.”

Edit:

‘‘An Englishman would far rather be told he is a bad lover than that he has no sense of humor.’’

5 Likes

uBlock Origin, my friend.

Works in Firefox, Firefox mobile, Chrome, Brave, and Edge.

4 Likes

“I hate you voting for him, for not having intelligence.”

3 Likes

Boing Boing is the reason I installed an ad blocker. It was just too much.

3 Likes

A dedicated “Disable HTML5 Autoplay” browser extension is sadly necessary

and even that doesn’t work with Twitter

There’s a whole digression to be had about that stupid ranch.

Dubya never owned a ranch except when he was president. The whole point of the ranch was it was supposed to be a place he could go every August for Reaganesque photo-ops sitting on a horse—except Dubya didn’t like horses and he wouldn’t do that last part.

It’s a great example of what a figurehead Dubya was. He drew the line at getting on the horse, but he went along with the rest of it—the ranch he didn’t need or want, the yearly vacations at a place he had no reason to own or to go, the “clearing brush”—because his handlers told him it was part of the plan.

10 Likes

How embarrassing, I seem to share an opinion w/ Unca Donald.

1 Like