Huge Pew poll puts Biden ahead by double digits and it's the best news Trump's had in days

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/09/huge-pew-poll-puts-biden-ahead-by-double-digits-and-its-the-best-news-trumps-had-in-days.html

11 Likes

UNDO EVERY F’ING THING trump HAS EVER DONE!

There is a lot of work to do.

Oh, and stack the court. :wink:

61 Likes

Trump has spent 4 years trying to erase Obama from history. Biden needs to make his first priority returning the favor. But he can’t take 4 years to do it. We have to much to do to make sure this shit never happens again!

54 Likes

Obligatory reminder from Biden:

Biden has One Job on November 3. Once he’s done it, what then?

Most likely, he’ll go back to Third Way business as usual and (I hope) buy liberal democracy in the U.S. another few years. I’m not enthused about that, but I’ll take it over the alternative.

The real question is, what will we do to keep pushing Biden and the Dems back toward New Deal progressivism?

61 Likes

I think that’s the key. So much that was previously assumed needs to be codified.

You can’t just assume that the president will be generally lawful and honourable any more. Laws need to be put in place to make sure someone like Trump (or worse) can never abuse the position again.

26 Likes

The only saving grace to this administration is Trump’s amazing level of incompetence. The right has no issues with his actual positions, and would certainly support another similar candidate. How many totally incompetent Nazis can there be? They will hit on one capable of pushing his agenda through eventually if we do not change the underlying structure so as to disallow that happening.

32 Likes

Weasel talk indeed. Centrists don’t come across as having a spine one way or another do they?

12 Likes

It’s true, nothing is certain until votes are cast and counted, and then recounted, and then fought over in court. Keep fighting, register, vote, etc. Make sure all your friends are registered and voting. Voter suppression is definitely really happening, so it will take more work.

True, Trump was behind before and won. But there are some differences. The biggest one is that he’s now the incumbent, and so the election is largely a referendum on his term. He’s not the outsider. It’s obvious he’s hoping for a last-minute James-Comey-type surprise, because so far nothing he’s thrown at Biden has really stuck. Heck, he’s even scrounging around again for Hillary’s emails.

13 Likes

oh - and remove all trumps judge appointments, because he was a criminal

oh - and undo his fuckery with the Dept of Justice, Dept of Educ., EPA, and every other fucking agency.

oh - and undo his tax breaks to the rich and corporation

0h - and screw your promises, Medicare for All

oh - and melt the guns

0h - and prosecute the enablers

and - send trump and company to jail

20 Likes

Biden was a key member of Obama’s government. Obama wasted a lot of time trying to work with Republicans. I believe that Biden has learned that lesson and will hit the ground running. Having a Democratic Senate will make that job a lot easier, but if not hopefully he can learn from Obama and hire the staffers that made Obama’s last two years so productive.

15 Likes

But this is about the nationwide popular vote, right? That’s connected only tenuously to the election outcome.

I’m far from ready for a victory lap. Let’s keep the throttle wide open until we know it’s over.

23 Likes

Carb Wide Open

Pedal to the metal!

14 Likes

“Swell, so I don’t have to go out and vote now! \o/”

First. Rule. Poll Club…

3 Likes

It’s really disappointing that we have to fight so hard to just reach double digits. I feel like the current situation should have guaranteed at least a 30% lead for Biden.

My mail-in ballot arrived with yesterday’s mail and will go out tomorrow. It’s really tragic that in local races, my home district has almost nothing but Republicans running unopposed. There will be a lot of empty boxes.

16 Likes

36 Likes

I still think there is an assumption that a Biden win means four years of Biden. I firmly believe he will not complete a full term and we will have our first woman president before 2024.

14 Likes

Trump supporters confuse stubborn arrogance as being stern resolve.

18 Likes

THIS. Seriously, let your Congresspeople know what you want. They do pay attention if enough people contact them. Let’s push our representatives into a 21st century we want to live in.

15 Likes

This! And don’t let up until power is exchanged on January 20th. There are plenty of shenanigans that can happen between now and then with this shit-gibbon’s administration, his fascist followers and their scorched earth policy.

9 Likes

Exactly.

Remember, citizens, because of the electoral college, it’s not how someone votes, it’s where they vote…

6 Likes