Human and opossum are best friends

srsly

3 Likes

Metabolic bone disease comes from feeding them the wrong things. Greek yogurt and cat food is too high on protein and phosphorus for opossums. If you are going to keep one, do it properly. Give them regular yogurt and raw chicken with bone (chicken necks), fruit and calcium rich leafy green vegetables. Minimal grains and no red meat. Their lives are unnaturally short to begin with, don’t make them miserable for the time they have left.

4 Likes

Human and opossum are best friends

S’okay. The problems start when just humans get together.

I had to use a cat trap to get my outside cat, HB, to the vet when she got older (she was fine once you got her into kitty custody, but she never did want to be picked up). Sometimes I accidentally caught possums, since they have a taste for cat food. They would usually lay there, looking at me with their mouths open, showing off their large expanse of teeth, as if to say, “You want some of this?”

They apparently eat insects and slugs, so they’re good to have around.

3 Likes

0possums for the win… yad a frd w that nick once, sry

The thing is, there are a lot of these fake “Cat Found” flyers out there (just google image search “cat found”) some with raccoons or skunks too. I just wanna know which one was the first, and whether it was a prank to begin with, or if someone really was that stupid.

This was the first one I remember seeing:

[ETA: Heh. the “A1A” address implies that’s Florida too.]

6 Likes

Or when elephants are being dicks to innocent geese. :wink:

They eat everything, really. Anything that doesn’t require them to do any hunting, anyways - small animals, carrion, fruits and vegetables. I dislike them raiding my garden produce, but they’re not as bad as raccoons and squirrels in that regard.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.