Woman finds possum peeking out from artificial Christmas tree (video)

Originally published at: Woman finds possum peeking out from artificial Christmas tree (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Wow.

Coincidentally, I just bought a new fake tree because the stand on my old one broke; guess I should be careful when ‘unboxing?’

:thinking:

10 Likes

… IT’S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE :christmas_tree:

9 Likes

12 Likes

Drag Queen Laughing GIF by Paramount+

4 Likes

count your blessings and leave the little dude be. Possums are awesums and that is that.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Awesome Opossum GIF

9 Likes

At least he didn’t invite all of his friends over

9 Likes

This must be the possum’s natural environment; just look at how well it blends in to its surroundings.

5 Likes

A genuine opossum in an artificial tree!

6 Likes

Can confirm: am possum

Leave Me Alone Crying GIF by Leroy Patterson

7 Likes

There are some things we just never want to see in our trees.

Huh, we would love to have a possum in our tree.

Also, another excuse to post pictures of our backyard possums.

Our little guy practicing playing possum.

12 Likes

“I call the big one Bitey”

3 Likes

Possums are good luck:

2 Likes

Especially if you don’t want ticks around.

“Many ticks try to feed on opossums and few of them survive the experience,” Ostfeld said in a Cary Institute post. “Opossums are extraordinarily good groomers it turns out — we never would have thought that ahead of time — but they kill the vast majority, more than 95 percent, of the ticks that try to feed on them. So these opossums are walking around the forest floor, hoovering up ticks right and left, killing over 90 percent of these things, and so they are really protecting our health.”

From
https://www.caryinstitute.org/news-insights/media-coverage/use-wild-opossums-rid-your-property-ticks

11 Likes

I don’t mind the possums or the skunks digging up the yard, but I hate the moles.
I can appreciate that all the digging is probably good for the soil, but rolling an ankle in a mole hill is no fun.

2 Likes

Speaking as an Australian, where apparently most things want to kill you, I say hell no about opossums. Those things are fucking terrifying. And ugly.

My front yard is a grass covered moonscape thanks to mole tunnels.
Accidentally dug up this chonker last Spring.

2 Likes

I once had a possum living in my house for who knows how long. I was noticing little pee puddles and little poos all over the house. I thought one of my cats was trying to let me know they were sick. I even took them to the vet. Then one early morning, while still in bed, I saw the little guy run out from under the bed. IT HAD BEEN SLEEPING UNDER MY BED! I chased it around the house trying to get it out. At one point it ran back under the bed and one of my cats got in front of it as if she was protecting it from me. I guess they were friends and I guess the cats were sharing their food with it. Was living the good life for a few weeks.

8 Likes