It took a woman from Alaska to remove a wild possum from a Brooklyn bar (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2022/06/01/it-took-a-woman-from-alaska-to-remove-a-wild-possum-from-a-brooklyn-bar-video.html

9 Likes

This same technique works on That Guy Who Won’t Shut Up

17 Likes

“It Took a Woman from Alaska to Remove a Wild Possum from a Brooklyn Bar”? Isn’t that a Conway Twitty song?

28 Likes

We had a possum in the yard that got scared by the dog and was playing possum. Wouldn’t move. Pushed with a stick - nothing.

I turned the hose on it & it shot away like a rocket.

Use the seltzer spray guys!

12 Likes

Better outcome than the guy who grabbed (and got bit by) the raccoon in the stadium.

7 Likes

We’ve always had possums, this baby was practicing playing possum in our yard. The wife was worried, we just waited and it got up and moved on.

16 Likes

grabbed the critter by the scruff, which was hiding in a corner of the bar,

Why was its scruff hiding in a corner of the bar? Had it run away from the critter?

17 Likes

When I was growing up in Queens we never saw opossums, but they are much more common now. This article and other rumors say they were introduced in Brooklyn recently and have spread since. The surrounding country always had them, but they were not common in the 5 boroughs until recently.

4 Likes

Well did anyone see her come in with it?

Seems like a pretty decent scheme for some free drinks…
HorseMath

21 Likes

Panicked because a possum walked in for christ sake. Was it carrying a gun? Was it calling people by name? Did it steal drinks. Pathetic

5 Likes

Not all heroes wear capes.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Poor guy, probably just wanted a pint!

I like possums, they are mostly harmless and eat a lot of pests. I think they are cute, other than their tails.

16 Likes

Only if it’s about George Jones.

8 Likes

And they don’t get rabid. They’re kinda ugly but pretty much harmless (says one who knows one)

18 Likes

In NYC there used to be only 4 forms of wildlife: rats, pigeon (aka rats with wings), gray squirrels (aka rats with fuzzy tails) and roaches. I knew a kid from Brooklyn who never saw a cricket. The first one he saw he though it was a roach.Opossums register as very large rats. Scares the living hell out of people who never saw one before. They were very rare. Now they are more common.

9 Likes

And they eat ticks.

16 Likes

They are Not ugly, just handsome in their own way.

8 Likes

30 Likes

Possum: “Hey, I’m not done with my drink!”

15 Likes