Woman finds possum peeking out from artificial Christmas tree (video)

I had a friend find a possum and her babies living behind his non-functional dishwasher… it was the middle of the night,and he heard a noise from the kitchen. He went to investigate, and found a bunch of eyes staring back at him… he called local animal control, and they took her over to the nearby city park…

3 Likes

A hint for getting animals out of your house (or tent, or cabin, or barn, or workshop, or car . . . I’ve done this a lot): open the door(s) and windows to the outside first, don’t try to capture them, but herd them outside making noise and acting aggressive. Though it gets frustrating when that damn sparrow flies right past the open door and window to slam into the bay window that doesn’t open, or the rat snake just stares out at the concealing grass instead of moving on, eventually they have always gotten the hint.

Interesting possum fact: it was believed that possums eat vast quantities ticks, but it turns out that was based on the media misinterpreting a scientific paper on a different subject entirely, and that more recent studies designed to test this idea specifically discovered that no, in the wild possums do not have ticks as a documentable part of their diet, let alone to the extent of the media hyperbole.

…are we sure that’s not a cat?

5 Likes

That always reminds me of this little gem:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.