Human skeletal remains found in a Texas field were... not that

Originally published at: Human skeletal remains found in a Texas field were… not that | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Plastic bones” are still bones, Dude.

7 Likes

Periodically on the usual suspect venues (…reddit…) there surfaces the skeletons playing cards under the waters of Lake Pleasant Arizona. It always goes on too long (…reddit…) until someone references that these are plastic skeletons (assumed to be an Art installation of some-sort)

Then as a copy-cat there was a Friday-the-13th Voorhees placed not far nearby.

Hey, it keeps them busy rather than endlessly re-counting their votes

4 Likes

With all the microplastics in our blood aren’t we all going to have plastic bones?

16 Likes

Maybe this is really a public art piece addressing the threat of plastic pollution.

Ironical.

1 Like

So… not the old sheriff?

3 Likes

Dead cyborg, perhaps?

We need better anatomy education in schools. Anyone should be able to glance at that image, let alone see it in person, and know it isn’t a human skeleton.

There are ribs attached to the clavicle for fuck’s sake.

10 Likes

Ya know, I’d rather have the police called out to check out possible human remains and find plastic skeletons and sex dolls than have people ignore them because “they’re probably fake”.

13 Likes

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

2 Likes

Those things aren’t cheap. Obviously some Texans have too much money.

1 Like

I mean, there is “probably fake” and “definitely fake.” I could tell by the picture that it was definitely fake because, among other things, the elbow hinges and visible screws in the hips. If I saw that in person, I’d have zero inclination to call the police just in case.

2 Likes

“The ‘remains’ were removed and given a proper burial,” the police department wrote in a Facebook post.

The cops held a memorial service and buried a halloween decoration?

1 Like

The steel hinges at the elbow gave it away.

1 Like

Looks like this hand’s gonna take forever. Somebody send out for ribs.

2 Likes

Or a guy with some serious impact injuries.

Yeah. A real skelington wooda had titanium joints.

That isn’t human - it’s a dead giveaway.

Pirate Monkey Ba dum tss

2 Likes

Regular Texans hide their skeletons in their kitchen

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.