Woman with skull on stick leads police to corpse

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/24/woman-with-skull-on-stick-lead.html

4 Likes

If leading an imaginary band of skeletons playing jazz with a skull topped baton is wrong, I don’t want to be right.

27 Likes
17 Likes

Decapitation?

23 Likes

And so, in 2016, police began the strange journey of unraveling Sacramento’s William Tell underground…

6 Likes

Obligs:

12 Likes

14 Likes

IF this and Caravan Palace are your jam, have you heard the good new of Squirrel Nut Zippers?

7 Likes

They got killed to death!

13 Likes

They’re back together?

1 Like
5 Likes

From Shel Silverstein:

17 Likes

I wonder if why she was walking around with the skull on a stick. The police probably took it from her.

I guess you could say she

:sunglasses:

Lost her head.

21 Likes

I had not, but shall google them now.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think so… but I am even missing their last album all together.[quote=“Melizmatic, post:14, topic:88036”]
I had not, but shall google them now.
[/quote]

It was part of the swing revival in the 90s. It is less electro swing and more like modernized jazzy swing. The female singer sounds a lot like Billie Holiday.

This is the song that actually got air play - back when radio actually played stuff that didn’t fit pop norm.

My personal favorite song.

And my favorite ballad of theirs, featuring Katharine Whalen (who, like I said, sounds amazing.)

And one more - because I realized I the first two song don’t feature her voice.

14 Likes

The Ghost of Steven Foster is a strong recommend.

6 Likes

They are back for a fall tour this year.

2 Likes

Ships are made for sinkin’, whiskey’s made for drinkin’, and if we were made of cellophane we’d all get stinkin’ drunk much faster!

5 Likes

Because when I find a body, the first thing I want to do is rip the head off, and put it on a stick.

No seriously, we probably need to do better for mental health care in this country.

11 Likes

We think a lot alike.

1 Like