Humanoid robot goes for a stroll

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/12/humanoid-robot-goes-for-a-stro.html

7 Likes

Cute . . . but how does it do on curbs, rocks, stairs, etc.? It negotiates a nice clear path, but, heck, I can do that.

9 Likes

Holy crap! It’s digitigrade!

9 Likes

A stroll is a stroll.

I eagerly anticipate the next video titled “Humanoid robot leaves its third floor apartment walkup, goes across the street, then hits a hiking trail”. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And you promise us this one isn’t CGI? As this robot went for stroll just last year and many of us were fooled (once). Also isn’t there a fine Boston Dynamics tradition of kicking them a bit to see how they recover?

2 Likes

How long until they strut like Travolta?

6 Likes

3 Likes

… learn to repair itself and subjugate all humankind to it’s bidding.

5 Likes

Yeah this. If the SOB decides on it’s own it wants to go for a stroll then I’m not just impressed, I’m scared.

4 Likes

… or if it decides it wants that burger you’re eating.

3 Likes

What’s truly disturbing in this video is the lack of people on the streets. Looks like our robot overlords have already struck!

5 Likes

With that music I was expecting it to end with “in memoriam.” You will be missed, Digit.

4 Likes

This will end well.

2 Likes

but why the bird legs?

2 Likes

It walks better than me after a couple of Whiskeys.

4 Likes

Has anyone yet invented a walking robot that can navigate terrain that can’t be crossed by a treaded vehicle for a couple orders of magnitude less cost?

4 Likes

Get back to me when they’re strong enough to carry me or a month’s worth of groceries.

1 Like

You’re not better than me, okay?! Just because you’ve created life doesn’t make you some kind of god. There’s more to life than life!

1 Like

They really missed a beat by not getting the camera angle right and playing the BeeGees. Sheesh.

2 Likes