Humiliated Haley won't quit

Yeah, but that’s rapidly turning out to be an albatross for the GOP. And Trump has expressed that he doesn’t think Leonard Leo and the Federalist Society are conservative enough now, so he’s turning on them, too. Of course, they’re still filing amicus briefs in support of him in the Colorado ballot access case, but…again…it’s baffling to me that these people in power in the GOP keep supporting him when he either doesn’t deliver, or he turns on them when he thinks it benefits him to. These people aren’t even being short sighted. They’re just being stupid.

2 Likes

That’s when the GOP goes full North Korea and declares Trump to be the Eternal President.

1 Like

Well, I have an eternal piss stream waiting for his plot.

4 Likes

We’re going to have to set up a queuing system - and better drainage.

4 Likes

Or the party dies.

6 Likes

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

6 Likes

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by The Democrats

7 Likes

It’s a mainly a party thing. If someone ends their campaign, any delegates they might have are released, but if they suspend the campaign, they might be able to trade in their delegates at the convention for valuable prizes.

1 Like

So, the ethics & worldview of Lord Dampnut with more than animal intelligence & knowledge of the levers of power. Great.
They already have the agenda set up & ready to roll, so it won’t really matter that much which one of those Knobs is in control, as far as the agenda is concerned.
The Agenda is all that matters.

Even if the Democrats win overwhelmingly in November, we are still in trouble, if Moscow Mike is still running the House, come next January.

Short version of the article:
Even if enough Democrats win to take back control of the House, MM can simply refuse to swear them in, citing ‘election irregularities’, thereby retaining the majority. Then he can refuse to accept the results of the Electoral College because of those same ‘irregularities’, and putting the election to a vote in the House.
Guess which party has the most votes.

This fuckery is written into the Constitution; apparently they never thought faithless bastards would some day wield the reins of power.

In case anyone has forgotten:
Keep in mind, Johnson was the guy who organized the wave of 138 House members who voted not to certify Joe Biden’s election in January of 2020…
Johnson has repeatedly said he thinks God Himself put Johnson into the speakership to fulfill some great destiny, comparing himself with Moses…

Anyone think he’s gonna pass up a chance to Fulfill His Destiny & help install a Theocracy?
I sure don’t.
But, I’m gonna vote anyway.

Fun times.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’ll work. A new session reboots the house, without any speaker to start with. The sequence is:

• a quorum call ordered by the Clerk;
  • the election of the Speaker, ordered by the Clerk and conducted with the
    assistance of tellers;
  • remarks by the Speaker-elect, followed by his or her swearing-in by the dean of
    the House;
  • the oath of office for the newly elected and re-elected Members, administered by
    the Speaker;

Members-elect do vote in the election of the speaker, even through no one has been sworn-in yet.

https://thehill.com/homenews/3797219-speaker-chaos-delays-swearing-in-of-new-house-members/

Four of the Republicans who have refused to support McCarthy through the first three Speaker votes are incoming first-year lawmakers: Reps.-elect Josh Brecheen (Okla.), Anna Paulina Luna (Fla.), Andy Ogles (Tenn.) and Keith Self (Texas).

Mind you, keep an eye on that clerk.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.