Nikki Haley has caught up to Trump in latest poll of New Hampshire Republicans: 29% to 33%, within error margin

Originally published at: Nikki Haley has caught up to Trump in latest poll of New Hampshire Republicans: 29% to 33%, within error margin - Boing Boing

8 Likes

Wait until other states start taking former president chucklehead off the primary ballot.

8 Likes

wakeywakey

11 Likes

I don’t wish the anger of the MAGA faction on anyone. However, maybe this drama will get the mainstream media clickmongers to focus on these polls instead of Biden-bashing and publishing unbelievable stories about 45’s popularity.

17 Likes

It’s realized that “What other data is there?” is a valid political problem, but if all national strategy (for instance: who wins a party primary) depends on having solid faith in national polling then the results are pretty much @#$!ed

Trump Reportedly Asking Allies About Nikki Haley as Veep

4 Likes

Trump’s reaction, especially in private, should be interesting.

NoneBusinessSml

8 Likes

Don’t get too excited. Haley is their Warren: hyped to make her competitive, then turned on when she appears to be winning. No-one in the press wants Haley v. Biden, the election where everyone in media gets laid off and everyone left has to explain why a woman is winning to an audience that wants them hanged.

11 Likes

Yeah. New Hampshire is one thing. She is still a woman of color, and I just can’t see the more typical red states like Texas and Florida choosing her. Which, I think for Republican strategists, should be firing off alarm bells, because I also think she could beat Biden in the general election. Biden could also beat her, but I think that’s a tough matchup for Biden.

7 Likes

I agree that the insurrection thing makes Trump Constitutionally unqualified to run for office but I do see the argument for making that determination at the Federal level instead of state-by-state. Imagine the mess if (for example) individual states made different determinations on whether or not John McCain counted as a “natural-born” citizen since he was born abroad on a military base.

If our government was functioning as designed, then the US Supreme Court would make a determination of fact that Trump had indeed taken part in an insurrection as defined by the 14th Amendment and that would be that.

8 Likes

But she’s the “right kind of woman of color” according to some of these rightoids — because she’s not Kamala Harris, and of course because like every other Republican candidate she’s completely awful.

9 Likes

For a while now analysts were saying she was just vying for Trumps VP. If she passes him thats out the window and he starts attacking her. “Let them fight.”

7 Likes

Yes, but the “right kind of woman of color” would know to take a back seat to Trump (to be clear, this is how I think the typical MAGA voter thinks…not my thoughts). They will be fine with her as VP, but some of these right wingers will never vote for a woman for President as long as they can choose a right wing white man instead. So I think she has a tough hill to climb to get the nomination. New Hampshire is not that representative of the typical red state. Hell, it’s not even a red state.

6 Likes

Clever of him.

1. President Haley + Vice President Trump,
  2. Haley is removed from the scene
  3. Trump becomes president, Day One Happens, and, then in the absence of serious opposition,
  4. Trump solves the problem of opposition by fusing the executive, legislative, and judicial into one triune godhead, fulfilling the divine prophecy.
4 Likes

Here’s a little snippet from that article kind of proving my point:

In fact, Steve Bannon on Wednesday publicly railed against Haley’s possible addition to the Trump campaign, leading a crowd in chants of “Fuck Her! Fuck Her!”

8 Likes

Nikki Haley appears to be a politician I don’t agree with. That’s a big difference compared to Tr, who is a narcissistic psychopath who will destroy the USA. I hope that she can defeat Tr in New Hampshire.

12 Likes

I think pretty much the ideal outcome would be for Haley to beat Trump for nomination, Trump deciding to run as a write-in candidate splitting the GOP vote (and/or his cult of personality staying home), leading to a massive Democratic win all across the board.

13 Likes

I would advise everyone to take this poll with a big ole grain of salt. The poll was conducted by the American Research Group. They don’t have a great history of accuracy, and 538 gave them a C+ rating.

9 Likes

The media really loves a horse race, and are trying very hard to make Nikki Haley happen. She is not happening. I think if Trump is actually incarcerated, or has a serious cardiac event in the next few months, then someone not named Trump has a decent chance at the nomination. Otherwise, not.

4 Likes

10 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case. The D establishment and their donors were scared shitless by Warren, and pushed Biden in after Bloomberg went down in flames. Republicans wrote op Ed’s begging Biden to stop Warren. Haley is a lot closer to her party’s inner circle. And their money. And douchelini’s reelection strategy depends on looking unstoppable and crushing any credible alternative in the early voting.

Also, I’d put money [expletive deleted] not conceding in the event he doesn’t get the nomination. He’ll keep going.

8 Likes