Nikki Haley announces 2024 presidential run — and pokes a stick at hibernating Trump

Originally published at: Nikki Haley announces 2024 presidential run — and pokes a stick at hibernating Trump | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Biff probably has her nickname ready to roll out. He must be frustrated that he won’t be able to do it on Twitter until the summer.

I’m not sure how much traction Haley will get in a party that still caters to mainly elderly white men who think women aren’t suited for leadership, but at least it’s something new.

23 Likes

“America is not a racist country.” -Nikki Haley 2020

Well, isn’t that just special?

19 Likes

I didn’t know that pigs hibernate.

9 Likes

If you’re impatient for the 2024 Republican primaries, why not recreate the exact effect at home by taking a Rock ‘em Sock’em Robots game and replacing the fighting robots with a pound or so of loose dog stools?

13 Likes

“I’ll do everything Trump did, backwards and in high heels!”

29 Likes

Trump, DeStankis, Pompeo & Haley?

That’s really putting all your deplorables in one basket.

20 Likes

Putting the band back together.

13 Likes

Of the 4 - is it generally agreed Haley is the least deplorable deplorable?

Best of the worst?

3 Likes

Don’t forget Tim Scott…

And whoever this chucklefuck is…

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

The whole party is full of deplorables at this point.

25 Likes

She’s certainly more polished in her offensiveness.

17 Likes

I call that this is really coordinated as her running as his VP

2 Likes

Have you paid literally no attention to Trump these last few… decades, centuries, however many eons it’s been since he came down that benighted escalator? He’ll consider this a slight, and will not take it kindly. Double so since she’s a woman, and worse, a woman of color.

20 Likes

Hopefully the more people who run for prez from the GOP results in massive infighting, leaving the base so splintered that none of the hopefuls come even close to a majority.

8 Likes

Incel Patrol in heels, (and black/bleach versions of an american flag, and flak vests, and fake police uniforms, holsters ‘n more,) finding out and operating cameras is the remineralizing kids’ tooth powder the US…aw let’s model up that Rock-m-Sock-m-Manure thing.

Git good, aspiring journalists!

9 Likes

Nope. She is just more functional in public than the others. But not by much.

4 Likes

I have, and I don’t appreciate the unneeded criticism. I’m hypothesizing that it’s coordinated and if so there would be no slight. I’m fine being wrong on that inference, but imo not implausible.

Consider for example the idea that Haley is there to draw support from Desatan. I suppose their expectation would need to be that trump will get more support from Haley, then when the primary votes get tallied, Haley throws her support onto Trump.

2 Likes

Just like happened last time… /s

The reality is that it will eventually get down to one candidate…

I seriously doubt that. This is not how Trump operates. It’s pretty clear that it’s most likely Green who will be his VP pick.

8 Likes

The problem is that one of them will win the primary, and he or she (likely he) will get votes if only on the basis that they’re a Republican. That would be the case even for a stinkbomb like Cruz.

12 Likes

That’s fair. But I also think it’s a mistake to underestimate these people by putting them in boxes that simplify behavior. These people are evil not dumb and it hurts more to underestimate them

3 Likes