Nikki Haley predicts "unhinged chaos" if Trump wins

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/13/nikki-haley-predicts-unhinged-chaos-if-trump-wins.html

8 Likes

Shes Not Wrong Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

38 Likes

Most of the people that are voting for him are fully aware of this, and unhinged chaos is likely exactly what they’re going for.

25 Likes

Unhinged chaos vs controlled chaos? Fuck both of them.

15 Likes

Right, and she shouldn’t say it for them, she should say it to the GOP who have real reservations about him and urge them to vote against him if (when) he’s the nominee. We should stop wasting our time trying to change fascists and instead convince those on the fence of what he is…

21 Likes

Not even Angron supports Unhinged Chaos.

Edit: Angron for context.

6 Likes

We’ll also have unhinged chaos if he loses, at least for a while. We’ve heard that song before.

5 Likes

Which, we can work to hold him responsible for. But giving into a god damn fascist is not how this shit should go down. I really don’t get how people are just brushing this shit off like it does not matter?

19 Likes

Yet it was only within the last two weeks that Haley said she would pardon the Florida retiree and decades-long criminal Dementia Don if he was convicted of any of his crimes.

14 Likes

Once she’s out, she’ll circle the wagons, too.

But again, she’s still right. And if we can convince the few remaining republicans of that while she’s still in the race and get them to not vote for him, that’s a win.

11 Likes

Which is why I changed my registration to GOP for the upcoming CA primary and am voting for Haley on Super Tuesday.

I sure hope enough people vote for Haley, and soon, so that Trump’s chances of being the presumptive GOP nominee are at least slightly called into question, should some criminal trial actually happen soon and second thoughts start arising among those moderate voters.

3 Likes

Well, she’s not wrong

3 Likes

Man, she is not wrong. But also, Jesus Christ - everything is chaos.

I do not have faith Biden is going to hold it together over the next ~8 months. Yes, at this point I’d vote for one of the recently featured Pickled People over Trump, but I really worry too many people are going to vote for Trump over “senile” Biden. Yeah, Trump is probably just as scatterbrained, but he is a fast talking scatterbrain, and that tricks people into thinking he knows what he is talking about. Biden is trying to chose words carefully, some times still failing to find them, and that just doesn’t look good. I don’t think he is as bad as the radio talk show pundits make him out to be, but it also isn’t great having a gaff or a clip of stumbling over thoughts every other day.

They are both old. Either one could stroke out at any point just randomly. My dad had a heart attack out of the blue several years ago and we were lucky he got help quick and made a full recovery. And he was overall in very good health for a man in his 70s. But stuff like that just happens at that age and comes with no warning (exacerbated by stress!)

What is the Democrat’s plan B? Haley’s tenacity is keeping her at the ready should Trump be forced to drop out. Who do we have if Biden is forced to drop out? How much time do you need to pick a new candidate? If he drops dead in April, then do you have emergency primaries? What about October? Is Kamala Harris just the automatic plan B at that point?

Sorry for the ramble…

10 Likes

Let’s not make it worse by electing a fascist, though?

21 Likes

I predict some pretty fucking unhinged chaos if TFG somehow gets out of any repercussions for any of his serious cases, let me tell you.

9 Likes

I’m hoping for a heart attack or stroke before the election. Think of the lives that could be saved.

9 Likes

Mainly because they are positive that the chaos will benefit them, instead of them being the first, or at best second, to feel the pain from it.

3 Likes

Like HHGTG’s quote about poetry?

The second worst is that of the Azagoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem “Ode To A Small Lump of Green Putty I Found In My Armpit One Midsummer Morning” four of his audience died of internal haemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been “disappointed” by the poem’s reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve-book epic entitled My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilization, leapt straight up through his neck and throttled his brain.

11 Likes

Yes, something like that is needed. Where’s Terry Pratchett’s ghost when you need him?

3 Likes

Pratchett would call in Lord Downey perhaps, but for this poetry issue we’d need old Douglas Adams.

5 Likes