Hundreds of dead birds mysteriously fell from the sky in Spain

Originally published at: Hundreds of dead birds mysteriously fell from the sky in Spain | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Can only mean something is amiss…

Dark Time Overlap

7 Likes

And there were some unexplained die-offs around Virginia/Washington.D.C previously this year too

Unexplained deaths of zombie birds in Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia concern scientists ([link1] [link2])

(zombie?) (“cue the 5G tower theories…” well, yeah, but no: [link] )

3 Likes

The same fungus that was causing Brood X cicadas to have sex until their genitals fell off is one possibility.

https://www.birdwatchingdaily.com/news/birdwatching/cicadas-may-be-connected-to-bird-mortality-ecologist-says/

“Notably, Evans added that the bird die-off appears to be in decline as the cicada emergence is wrapping up.”

It would be interesting to overlay a cicada brood map over areas of bird deaths. I’m assuming that cicadas are living in Spain too.

4 Likes

Did they happen to be full of shotgun pellets?

My guess is some of them didn’t get the latest flight plan and murmurated to the right when they should have murmurated to the left.

Starling-Murmuration-2020

7 Likes

Bad JuJu.

1 Like

I blame covid.

Then too, the natives are mortally afraid of the numerous whippoorwills which grow vocal on warm nights. It is vowed that the birds are psychopomps lying in wait for the souls of the dying, and that they time their eerie cries in unison with the sufferer’s struggling breath. If they can catch the fleeing soul when it leaves the body, they instantly flutter away chittering in daemoniac laughter; but if they fail, they subside gradually into a disappointed silence.
H. P. Lovecraft, The Dunwich Horror

5 Likes

Call Charles Fort!

2 Likes

I think they were hit with an EMP, frying their circuits.

Birds aren’t real!

/jk

5 Likes

Nothing mysterious about the falling down bit.

3 Likes

We are all canaries in a coalmine.

1 Like

That is one of the theories (well the electric bit).

1 Like

Hate to hear about this sort of thing.

1 Like

They didn’t make it back to their charging stations.

3 Likes

This exact thing was a major plot point in Dark.

Honestly, I would be more concerned if the dead birds had remained airborne

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.