Hungarian camerawoman who tripped refugee announces she will sue that refugee

i think one must be very careful in sociology to not confuse the roles of individuals with the roles of larger societal units. Anyway, I’m not a sciologist; and am ill equiped to make those sorts of generalizations.

also, in states with a working legal system, the serious wrongs which would, in earlier times,entitle the offended to challenge the offender to a duel, are left up to impartial third parties-- the courts. There were few courts in 1914 dedicated to resolving the disputes of states, so acquiessence to the disinterested judgement of third parties was not an option.

I would never accuse you of that.
I like making generalisations, some of which are wrong. I enjoy tossing them out to see what people make of them. But I actually don’t understand the point of your second paragraph, especially your argument about “working legal systems”. Prussian officers were still resorting to duels at the start of WW2. At one point von Guderian’s aide de camp pulled him back when he thought Hitler was about to strike him - possibly because had Hitler done so, Guderian would have had to challenge Hitler to a duel.

Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia are in Europe.

Imma gonna pretend that you didn’t just write “special trains.”

1 Like

why? do you think they are being taken to death camps?

I don’t, but somebody strung a couple words together in a rather suggestive way that I’m pretending was an accident of English not being his first language.

1 Like

The one encouraging thing about that video is the half-assed way the police appear to be approaching the whole thing. They know, and their superiors know that stopping these people is not the right thing to do. They look like they’re just going through the motions to comply with their technical responsibilities.

FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.

Do NOT Leave the Warzone!

Keep your imagination in check. It’s not funny.

“Special trains” are trains operating outside of the regular schedule. That’s what they are called. In English. In countries that actually do have trains. The German word is “Sonderzug”, but that was never used for the Nazi “death trains”.

I know. I don’t particularily like Hungary’s policies, but I’m not aware of any crimes.
Croatia and Slovenia seem completely blameless. What have they done in your opinion, and what should they have done?

“Stopping those people” hasn’t been the policy for a while now. Getting their IDs, and trying to keep them from clogging up highways and train lines by just walking across the country by the thousands, getting them to sleep in camps instead of in cold autumn rain, has been. And when Germany’s emergency camps (OMG he strung the words “Germany” and “camp” together!!!) and Austria’s train stations are overflowing, that involves slowing them down along the way.

1 Like

Fair enough. My take on it wasn’t nuanced, nor well-informed. But I still didn’t see much in the way of convincing police action. Maybe I’m seeing the glass half-full. Maybe the police simply are incompetent in that video.

Sorry, I meant that more as an update. Maybe some of the defensive tone from the “the governments of Europe are acting criminally” thing spilled over.

That incident happened at the beginning of September… a lot of things have changed since then.

Edit: Not much in the way of convincing police action. True. Simply incompetent? Probably. Police in central Europe are usually concerned with things like traffic tickets and getting parties that the neighbors have complained about to be a little quieter. Stopping a group of a thousand nice people who have done nothing wrong but who are still walking where police told them not to walk is definitely outside their area of expertise.

I think the blood of your enemies got in your eyes and clouded your vision … you replied to roBulus, not roMulus! No need to use your d’k tahg!

1 Like

Totally humbled by your prose. Hats off, sir.

1 Like

If she follows through on her threat to sue the refugee, the refugee should file assault charges against her. She was caught on video striking him with her leg, causing him to fall to the ground.

Normally, if someone trips you but doesn’t cause serious injury, you don’t go to the extent of involving the police. But when someone doubles down on being an asshole by suing you, IMO it’s appropriate.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.