Hungarian far-right TV journalist fired after abusing Syrian migrants on camera

[Read the post]

2 Likes

This is where we generally say “Christ, what an asshole” but I think in this case it massively understates things.

16 Likes

Fascist with a camera ≠ journalist

18 Likes

Someone should set up a Kickstarter campaign for a Hungarian-language documentary on the Syrian conflict, and request her for the camera work…then rescind the money once she arrives.

1 Like

What I said when she tripped the man holding a child, “Mother fucker!” Which was immediately followed by my realization of her personality, and then my final rage.

Now, who does not want to run her over with their car?

1 Like

I’m afraid that she is not just an asshole just, but an asshole with a job to do. She was probably trying to provoke a physical response, so they could film a “violent attack of refuges” on their camera crew. This particular sting got exposed but untold many similar incidents were instigated by such provocations.

1 Like

Well, thats something that we cant know, but ties into what I’m thinking. Oh yes, fire her, yes, of course… except she works for a TV channel “closely linked” with the fascist Jobbik party. So yes, she has to be fired for being shown as a piece of shit… following more or less the kind of venom her channel peddles…

3 Likes

Hungarian media is reporting that she’ll probably have to face some jail time for this action, though likely not the maximum sentence possible:

That would be nice, but I’m not so sure. Knowing this country, I personally doubt she’ll have to serve any time, unless maybe somebody in power wants to make an example out of her…

2 Likes

Ye gods. That’s so petty.

Cynical me can’t help but notice something odd, though – she’s the only one wearing a pale-coloured outfit, which makes her stand out against everyone else’s navy and black clothing. It makes what she’s doing super clear.

2 Likes

I think we found Geraldo’s soul mate

2 Likes

Geraldo may have to cockfight Trump for her hand…which is something I might actually watch.

3 Likes

More like James O’Keefe’s.

Meanwhile, in New Zealand…

1 Like

That’s a wonderful sentiment, but the reality is that refugees can’t get to NZ without going through places like Hungary first.

2 Likes

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a camerawoman tripping a refugee and child - forever.

2 Likes

Would you take non-christian 'Merkans as refugees?

(may not be necessary or applicable until the first Wednesday of November in 2016.)

@GulliverFoyle: can not <3, too probable at this time.

2 Likes

Sadly true.

1 Like

That’s actually in the handbook for camera operators at Fox News.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.