Hungry fox makes a bizarre noise that's a mixture of a squawk, a scream, and a meow

Which is unexpected, as you live in Putney. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I love hove the police siren sets them off; but, yikes, what a racket.

@ashe Lynx Feet!

3 Likes

Oh come on. We’ve all been there.

6 Likes

i’m screaming right now

4 Likes

10 Likes
3 Likes

Floooofy!!!

2 Likes

:fox_face:

3 Likes

There is a resident pack of coyotes in the wooded bluffs that make up much of the sides of the hill my neighborhood is on. When they have their twilight singalong, the sounds trigger a very visceral feeling of “scary predator”, even though they’re quite shy of humans.

Back to the topic of foxes though, there were several gorgeous red foxes that lived on our hill too, but I haven’t seen them in at least 3 years and suspect that the coyotes hunted them out :pleading_face:

3 Likes

BTW
“Username checks out.”

2 Likes

[gasp] can’t breath [gasp] SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

1 Like

When I lived in rural Ontario my dad and I would go for a walk in the evening, and all our various dogs and cats would walk with us. More than once we had a good half-dozen coyotes come crashing out of the bush past us. They totally ignored us and the animals, despite the cats being snack sized. I know now that that behaviour is either not normal, or coyote temperament has changed in the last three decades.

3 Likes

5am sunday morning, middle of berlin, looking outside my window (2021);

3 Likes

ohmy. thank you! finnegan is my new wonder to behold;

and the way she says at the end “I love you”.…Im just melting.

1 Like

It’s true that when coyotes move into fox territory, the foxes do generally leave.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.