Hunter Biden's Ukraine gig was corrupt, just not in the way Republican conspiracists claim it was

Well a big portion of Bernie supporters have Biden as their number 2 choice. Kind of my point is that Biden’s support level seems to be disconnected from political views.

For what its worth the griping about Biden is often based on the same misapprehensions about “average voters”. There’s a really miniscule amount of people who are truly ideologically in the middle, true independents, or actually undecided. To the point that an average voter practically doesn’t exist.

Think about it this way. If I have 5 black cats, and you have 5 white cats. Then the “average” cat is grey, but there are no grey cats. We tend to assume that means there are mostly gray cats.

3 Likes

I like your metaphor, but it’s even worse; the “real” average cat is a calico.

2 Likes

I get what your saying but my point is that they aren’t. Its all black and white cats. You got a Biden and he in theory appeals to the gray cats. So he’s electable. Some black and some white cats will like Biden because “hey all these grey cats will want to cuddle with him”. And that’ll work if are mostly grey cats, but the reality is there aren’t any gray cats.

Pretty sure that’s why Biden is struggling. As people become familiar with other candidates, and Warren has caught up. The sheen of electability has started to wear off, and with so few gray cats around…

1 Like

Thus, calico. Most informed voters agree most with Candidate A on one issue, Candidate B on another, and Candidate C on yet a third issue. So rather than a bunch of gray cats, you’ve got calicos with different patterns.

4 Likes

Ah, I see. So he’s like the milquetoast of power people. Me? I prefer a good 6B any day.

1 Like

Right you are! Thanks!

If Billy hadn’t ruined the beer endorsement gig maybe Hunter would’ve been able to find some cash stateside.

1 Like

Hey, it turns out your meme was basic bullshit.

5 Likes

So, what are the odds?

Did you check the Politifact link? Because the answer is 0 out of 0.

3 Likes

I mean, the odds of choosing four Americans and it turning out all of them have children who worked on the board of Ukrainian energy companies are very low. If N is the number of Americans who have worked on the board of a Ukrainian energy company, and we are choosing Americans over 50 (so they have a chance of having children old enough to have done so) and they all had an average of 2 children (birth rates were higher 30 years ago) then the odd would be:

Which, if N is, say 10, comes out to about three times ten to the negative 29. If one of the Americans you chose is known to have a child who did work on such a board the odds go up dramatically, but they are still so insanely unlikely that one would never believe the people were in fact chosen at random.

Of course the odds that someone could put together a panel of people who didn’t have children working for Ukranian energy companies and imply that they did are 100%.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.